Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber clients configuration for RMA

Hi Gents,

I need your help and your wise experience in order to figure out a few issues in my MRA deployment.

I already have expressway edge and control up and running. Now i am getting ready for testing. And then i face my first challenge: Well in the inside network our DNS is a .local, so expressway-control(xxx.local) and our outside DNS is a .com; therefore, our express edge is xxx.com.

The _uds and _cup SRV is configure in internal DNS wil _collab-edge is in the ouside. Jabber is working fine on the internal network.

Now, how do i go about testing my outside access? With a mix suffix in the DNS would that even work? Am i  required to change the hostname in the inside to .com as well? Or is there another method that i can use?

Thank you all,

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jean,

You may check the following config guide for multi domain deployments.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway-series/117811-configure-vcs-00.html#anc10

Manish

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Your MRA clients will only ever directly connect to the EXP-E by FQDN so the suffix of the internal EXP-C does not matter.

To test your outside access (assuming DNS and MRA are correctly configured), take a jabber client outside of your network and try to login using username@domain.com.

This should start the service discovery process using the domain that you entered on the right hand side of the @. The domain that you login from the outside with will need to be a publicly accessible domain.

Another great check to perform with MRA deployments is to use the "VCS service checker tool" (if you have the appropriate level of cisco.com access). This tool will check your external DNS records and firewall rules.

The tool can be located here:

https://cway.cisco.com/tools/SrvRecord/

Does that help?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: