cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber CODEC G729a to Verizon Cellular G.711

rmoon
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone experienced an issue with Jabber on the desktop not being able to leave a message on a Verizon cell phone? The Codec seems to change as soon at the mailbox picks up to G.711 however my Jabber stays at G.792a

3 Replies 3

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, but, to be honest it doesn't make a lot of sense that the far destination would matter, unless you're using a SIP provider and allowing codec change from it. The media shouldn't just randomly change codec if things are working right - very bizzarre.

Thank you Adam for responding. I am using Verizon as my SIP provider and strangely enough, this issues is only when calls go to a Verizon Cellular mailbox. We can leave messages on all other cellular carriers.

I know first hand how fun it is to engage Verizon support, but if the media codec changes without the associated signaling, which you could hopefully see from the CUBE, then you'll have to try and get them to explain it.
I'm not the best at CUBE and there are probably ways to have the signaling come in and be absorbed somewhere incorrectly, so your approach to try and debug the SIP messaging there, then follow it back into the UCM and out to Jabber/Expressway/whatever is the road I would go down.
Sorry I'm not of more help.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: