Helpful
Replies

Jabber config not applying

sheletal82
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM version 11.5
Jabber version 12

I am trying to create an alternate jabber configuration file but it will not apply to my client.

File: jabber-config-testing.xml (verified UTF-8 encoding)

I have the filename entered in the Cisco Support Field for my CSF device but it will not apply to my Jabber client even after resetting and deleting the AppData/Cisco folder.  It still loads the default jabber-config.xml.  I verified this in the diagnostics menu.

Ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's not what I'm talking about, but yeah, the .xml needs to be formatted properly to work.

What I'm talking about is exactly how did you entered the value under the support field?? just the name of the .xml file??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

After you uploaded the alternate config file, did you restart the TFTP service?

Doh!
I ALWAYS forget that. Still have the same problem though after restart.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How did you configure the .xml you want to use in the support field??

It's not just the filename if that's what you're doing, the Jabber docs explain how it needs to be configured.

HTH

java

I had used the configurator here: http://www.ciscojabber.io/

I wasn't sure about some of the settings so, as a test, I copied the xml that is currently in production in to a new file called jabber-config-test.xml, uploaded, restarted tftp, assigned to my csf device.....
It still loads the production xml.

That's not what I'm talking about, but yeah, the .xml needs to be formatted properly to work.

What I'm talking about is exactly how did you entered the value under the support field?? just the name of the .xml file??

HTH

java

Oh, sorry, it's just the filename: jabber-config-test.xml

Does it need to be the fqdn including port number?

Yep, that was the problem. The correct syntax is in the form of configurationfile=jabber-config-test.xml

Thanks!

Correct, you need to specify that the data you're using there is a configurationfile so Jabber understands that it has to use that .xml and not jabber-config.xml which it's hard-coded to use.

HTH

java

Also, don’t forget that version of Jabber also caches the config file and doesn’t download it every time you login/launch. Use the Options > Help > Refresh Config option to force it when testing changes.

Thanks for the tip!
Now get outside and enjoy the weekend 😛