cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Contact search Multiple forest (Cross Forest User Lookup LDAP Query)

Hi forum,

In a Multiple forest enviroment per documentation Cisco offers ADAM/LDS solution.

With ADAM /LDS we can perform a full LDAP integration:

• LDAP sync
  • LDAP authentication
  • LDAP contact search

We dont have the resources to implement this ADAM/LDS solution and we opted to have local users and perform local authentication in CUCM (No LDAP sync)... but we want to offer the ability to users to perform Contact Search in AD. (EDI)

This works perfectly in a single forest/single domain enviroment, now we want to integrate more users from a different company hence:

a) We add extra Local users

b) We created a trust between Forests and domains.

Can we configure Jabber (jabber-config.xml) to perform LDAP contact search in multiple forest enviroment?

Anyone has achieved this?

Thanks

11 Replies 11

mcaldogne
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

we have a similar situation with 4 LDAPs but without trust between them.

We activated LDAP sync and set UDS as DirectoryServerType in jabber-config.xml file: Jabber searches in CUCM directory and can found users that will be synchronized automatically.

Bye,

Mirko

Hi Mirko,

Thanks for the response we though about this option but UDS solution per my understanding doesnt work in all clients (Including Mobile), we need it to be more stable feature.

Thanks

Hi!

When you can have trust between the ADs I'm sure that your architecture is the best one.

But the last Jabber versions for Mobile also support UDS!

Bye,

Mirko

Hi Mirko,

Would you be so kind to share your jabber-config.xml?

I have implemented a multiforest integration with 3 domains and we have issues with Jabber contact source. Since we have double namespace (user@sourcedomain.com@presencenamespace.com) I have realized, that we should use UDS instead of EDI/BDI.

What attributes do I have to add into the xml?

Thanks,

Laci

Hi Laci!

With UDS you need only to set UDS ans DirectoyServerType in jabber-config.xml and eventually the Photo URL as websource for Jabber.

<Directory>
    <DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>
    <PhotoUriWithToken>http://10.1.1.1/%%uid%%.jpg</PhotoUriWithToken>
    <UdsPhotoUriWithToken>http://10.1.1/%%uid%%.jpg</UdsPhotoUriWithToken>
  </Directory>

The attributes can be set on CUPS under Application>Legacy Settings>Settings but is not so flexible as with EDI.

Bye,

Mirko

hi Mirko,

this is quite old post however I have a similar situation.
my customer has multiple forest (3 to be exact) and I need to sync users from all the forests. Sync should not be an issue however how can I do LDAP authentication in this case while users logging into Jabber ?

Did you use ADLDS for authentication ?

Regards,
Anil Sharma.

Hi Anil,

Did you find an authentication solution using LDS?  Did you use UDS for your contact directory?

Thanks

hello,

Yes I did use ADLDS for authentication.
and for contact search I am using UDS. both working fine.

Hi Laci,
That's good to know....Thanks for the quick response! Did you also create an LDAP sync directly between cucm and the individual Forests or did you use the LDS solution for sync purposes also...?

both sync and authentication with ADLDS
mapped User ID with mail attribute to sync on CUCM as you can't use sAccounname when syncing with ADLDS

Hi Laci...
Thanks again. I'll get this setup in the lab. I think there are some good LDS guides out there!
Regards
Steve
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: