Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber COP File

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

We are about to deploy Jabber on our network and I know the IPAD needs a COP file to make it work with CUCM but what I wanted to know is there a COP file for the MAC and the IPhone. If so could someone point me in the direction as to where I can get download them from, I've looked and I don't see anything that says you need one but I just want to make sure there isn't one to download.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

COP file is only needed based on your version of CUCM, if you are for example running CUCM 9 you do not need any COP files for anything including iPAD.  Let us know what version of CUCM you are running.

Jabber for Mac or Windows does not need any COP files as both of them use CSF device types which have been supported on CUCM for quite some time.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

COP file is only needed based on your version of CUCM, if you are for example running CUCM 9 you do not need any COP files for anything including iPAD.  Let us know what version of CUCM you are running.

Jabber for Mac or Windows does not need any COP files as both of them use CSF device types which have been supported on CUCM for quite some time.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris

We are running 8.6.2 and that what a read but I just wanted to make sure because it so hard to get a window to restart our CUCM nodes and I wanted to make sure I had everything in place before I restarted them.

Hi forum,

Im using CUCM System version: 8.6.2.21023-1 (earlier version than 8.6.2SU2)

CSF only show:

Video enabled

Cisco Support Field

I found:

cmterm-iphone-install-130129.cop.sgn

What this cop file will do?

I  have my CUCM 9 and shows more options for Jabber(CSF). Please clarify what I  need to display more information for Jabber in CUCM web page.

This cop file as teh name implies is for Jabber for iPhone, you do not need it on 8.6 system.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: