Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber-CSF Clients working fine, but showing none in CUCM

Charlutz2112
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We are running CUCM 11.5.1 with CUPS  and Expressway. 

We have about 204 instances of Jabber for windows on our cluster, all running on internal VDI's. Only about 35 show registered, most on sub2, but some on sub1. All of the others state none. 

Can someone advise how to correct this? is this a restart of RIS data collector, CUPS. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I'm not saying that you are one of these people, but alot of people think that Jabber == Client Service Framework, and that's not true. You can have Jabber "working fine" and not even configure a CSF device in CUCM. Is it at all possible that most of these users are not using their computer for calls, but rather, perhaps, controlling their desk phones? There is no way that I know of to see how many people are using deksphone mode, but perhaps you can just check one of the ones which is None?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Charlutz2112
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, forgot to mention:

Jabber is working fine, there are no issues with any of the clients, just really asthetics. 

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I'm not saying that you are one of these people, but alot of people think that Jabber == Client Service Framework, and that's not true. You can have Jabber "working fine" and not even configure a CSF device in CUCM. Is it at all possible that most of these users are not using their computer for calls, but rather, perhaps, controlling their desk phones? There is no way that I know of to see how many people are using deksphone mode, but perhaps you can just check one of the ones which is None?

Anthony is correct (+5), this is often confused what requires a CSF and registration. Jabber can be used for several features, and if you use it just for IM/P you don't need CSF device thus it will never register.  Are these people using Jabber to make soft phone calls?

Thanks for replying everyone. Appreciate you taking the time to assist. That helps!

Most of our users are just using for IM&P, so that makes sense. I confirmed by switching my own Jabber to use computer for calls and it then showed registered in CUCM.