cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber External call

crousparis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i have a user that can't make external calls via Jabber, it's seems that Jabber is out of synch with the CUCM , when he try to pass an external calls through Jabber he have to put the additional number to go out.
I have only one user like that so it's not the Application Dial rule

thx !

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What troubleshooting have you done so far?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

So far,

- resynch the profile ( In the AD, the samAccountName and the UserPrincipalName were different  [ i notice it works better when it the same for some reasonS])

- i notice when the user is logged in, Jabber use the mail as User name, unlike other user "Firstname Lastname"
- In Jabber, -> "Show my profile"  there no information beside the user name (the mail address)

Do you see that the device for Jabber is actively registered in CUCM? Depending on what type of device the users uses Jabber on it would be either a CSF, TCT, TAB or BOT device.

Response Signature

Yes the Cisco 7931 is registered in CUCM , JAbber is used in desktop Windows

None of the things you checked have anything to do with call routing, did you look at debugs or traces for the specific call flow you're having problems with??

Using the JID instead of name + last name is a symptom of issues with directory resolution, not call routing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

What have the 7931 to do with the call scenario you ask about? Your asking about Jabber not being able to make external calls. For this have you setup CSF devices for your Windows clients with a directory number and do you see these as registered in your CM?

Response Signature

We use the UC Service Profile in order to use Jabber, so i don't understand why it works for everyone but one specific user, my guess is Jabber/CUCM don't get the right data from the LDAP, that's why the user is bob.dunham@domaine instead of  somthine like Bob Dunham when he logged in

As Java wrote this is a n indication that the directory integration isn’t working for this client. Advice you to look at and try to solve one problem at a time. Directory integration has no correlation with the call problem you state you have.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: