Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for IPad no audio or video

Good Day,

Hope you can assist me with resolving the issue I have with my Jabber for IPAD client connected to the Public network, and registering to my VCS-E with TMS that is behind a fw and both have static NAT. The Jabber client can register to my VCS-E and I am able to make calls to my C40 but no audio or video gets through.

When I do a Wireshark trace I can see the communication between Jabber and the VCS-E both on the public IP. As soon as the call has been setup the communication changes and the Jabber client starts talking direct to the C40 on it's internal Network IP. I understood that the communication will always proxy through the VCS and that is why it's got a static NAT. The network is setup in the following way:

C40 ---> VCS ---> TMS ---> F/W ---> Internet ---> Jabber client on IPAD.

2 Replies 2

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hannes,

In your case the c-40 is registered to VCS-Ex with my below assumption:

- C-40 registered as SIP device on VCS-E

- C-40 is talking to VCS-E directly and there is no NAT in between.

In a normal call VCS-E will proxy the media for traversal calls only. However since the c-40 is registered directly to VCS-E hence VCS-E doesn't treat as traversal call and that's the reason it will not proxy the media.

if you want the media to be proxied through the VCS-E then you can do following to acheive this.

- use both the NIC on the VCS-E and registered the C-40 to internal ip-address and then VCS-E will treat this as traversal call

- if you use x7.2 software version on VCS then you can put the subzone encryption setting to "ON" and then VCS-E always traversed the media.

Rgds,

Alok

Hi,

Thank you for the response, I have implimented the changes and my SIP to SIP calls are now working perfect from the internal Network and the Public network.

regards,

Hannes