Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 9.1 - Desktop Sharing with Telepresence

I am attempting to do desktop sharing with a Movi client registered to VCS. However, in Jabber my Desktop Share button does not seem to ever light up unless I'm with another Jabber user in softphone mode. I can do desktop share in Movi and see it in Jabber. The SIP profile is enabled for BFCP on CUCM - is there anything else I am missing?

1 Reply 1

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Nathan.  Yes, this will work. 

I'm running VCS X7.2.1 at the moment and CUCM 8.6.2.  Couple of things you need to check:

VCS configuration

In Cisco VCS, go to the CUCM neighbor zone and:

1. Change the Advanced Zone profile from Cisco Unified Communications Manager to Custom.

2. Set the parameters as documented in “Appendix 8 – Parameters set by the ‘Cisco Unified Communications Manager’ Advanced Zone profile”.

(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_6-1_7_8_and_X7-0.pdf)

3. Ensure that SIP UDP/BFCP filter mode is set to Off.

------------------------------------------

CUCM configuration

In the SIP profile used by the SIP trunk to VCS, select “Allow Presentation Sharing using BFCP”

On CUCM

1. Go to Device > Device Settings > SIP Profile.

2. Select the check box by Allow Presentation Sharing using BFCP.

3. Click Save.

4. Click Apply Config.

5. Click OK.

----------------------------------------

If you still have problem, on VCS, you can Navigate to Maint>Diagnostics>Diagnostic Logging and set Network log level to debug.  Start new log, place call, see if you can share, and if not, disconnect, stop logging, and we can take a peek at the log to see if everything is ok. 

Let us know?

Thanks in advance.

VR

Patrick