Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber For Windows Base Filter using not ! filter - Can you

mal-smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to eliminate disabled accounts from my Jabber for windows directory search, by adding a filter below to the base filter in xml file.

Within CUCM the context is (&(ipPhone=*)(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))

In jabber-config.xml I'm trying

<BaseFilter>(&amp;(ipPhone=*)(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))</BaseFilter>

but having no luck. Can you use the NOT ! filter in xml and if so any help would be greatly appreciated on the correct context.

Cheers

Mal

3 Replies 3

Hi Mal,

I cannot test it right now but I suspect that  you cannot use the exclamation mark in your filter.

Can you check the following part of the guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_1/JABW_BK_CA48EE46_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-administration_chapter_01010.html#JABW_RF_C5BA7EE9_00

namely the section

'Cisco Jabber for Windows Does Not Read the Configuration File'

HTH,

Christos

Hi Mal,

Can you try the filter by removing the last closing bracket?

(&(ipPhone=*)(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

Thank you for your assistance. The above filter has worked.

I did read in the guide to possibly remove the last bracket which I thought I had tried previously but obviously not.

Cheers

Mal