Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - Dialling URI's

Simon Battye
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I've been testing integration between CUCM 10 and VCS X8.1 with a view to achive bi-directional alphanumeric URI dialling between the two.

So far ive been able to set up the 'standard' intergration with VCS and CUCM, and i have the folowing working:

• Dialling from JfW to video endpoint registered to VCS using E.164
  • Dialling from video endpoint registered with VCS to JfW using DN
  • Dialling from video endpoint registered with VCS to JfW using URI

What i can't seem to be able to do is dial from JfW either using E.164@domain or name@domain; E.164@video-domain gives me the option to make a call but doesn't do anything, whereas endpoint@video-domain doesn't give me an option to call at all, it's as if the client is only searching the directory.

I've created a SIP Route Pattern based on the video domain and associated with the VCS SIP Trunk but i'm not sure if i need to make this more generic i.e. *.com; as i will want to attempt to dial external URI's using Expressway once i can dial normal endpoint on their URI's.

Other Info:

• Using JfW 9.6
  • SIP URI Dialling enabled in Jabber Config XML

Thanks!

22 Replies 22

Also running CUCM 10, Presence 10, VCS-C and E 8.1.1.  Calling from a DX650 or EX type endpoint works just fine.

So you need to put this under policies in addition to the SIP URI dialing for it to work.

<Policies>

<User_Defined_Remote_Destination>true</User_Defined_Remote_Destination>

</Policies>

Did this fix the URI dialing issue for you? If so could you upload your working jabber-config file?

here's the one that worked for me.  the two policies that were relevant were enable SIP URI dialing and the user defined remote destinations.  Note this is with Jabber for MAC 9.6 and JFW 9.7

I did get it working for both Mac and Windows using the attached jabber-config file.

gsykes
Level 1
Level 1

We finally have URI dialling working here, both internally and externally.

The issue was with our jabber-config.xml file not being parsed by the Jabber client due to a formatting issue.  I suspect many of the issues people encounter may be due to editing the sample config file in a program such as Notepad or Wordpad which is what caused our problem.

Loading the XML file in a browser to ensure it displays properly is a good way of checking that the formatting is not the issue.

Damien McCoy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi 

Just to let you guys know that we have a Jabber config generator tool - the SIP URI setting gets a mention on the thread below

https://supportforums.cisco.com/comment/9606076#comment-9606076

thanks, Damien

Damien, this link goes to a thread entitled "Broadcasting multiple ssid."  There is nothing about the tool for editing the XML file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: