Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows SSO in on-premise deployment

s.lehmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

not sure if i missed something:

Can anyone confirm that SSO is not supported in on-prem mode?

We have a customer with 8.6 CUCM/CUPS/UCN and he does not want to enter any username/password in Jabber for Windows.

From my point of view there is no option right now...

In cloud mode we have sucessfuly implemented SSO...but i have no idea about the deployment in an on-prem environment.

Best regards

Steffen

9 Replies 9

Donald Jones
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the Jabber for Windows 9.1 client you can specify a configuration parameter to use the phone service credentials specified on CUCM. If you specify this configuration parameter, Cisco Jabber for Windows uses the sign in credentials to access phone services on CUCM. As a result, Cisco Jabber for Windows users do not need to enter their credentials for phone services in the client. This does not apply to voicemail.

The following is an example of a credentials configuration in an on-premises deployment:

presence

Thanks,

Don

Hi,

Not sure we're talking about the same thing:
I'm not talking about voicemail credentials.

Customer does not want to have any logon in jabber for windows, if the application is started, it should take the windows credentials automatically from the windows logon, either if the application is never started before (new install).

Btw, this is the behavior with cloud based sso.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Ok gotcha. That isn't available just yet for on -prem. It should be in the Jabber 9.2 client arriving in the March 2013 timeframe.

Anyone have any update on this?

Not available yet.

Is it available now? 

Seems to be available with Jabber 10.5 but according to the install guide, you need CUCM 10.5...

It's kinda silly that since 2 years it's on MAP for next major release ... and still nothing ... :(

Donald Jones
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Still not available yet. Currently, it is on tap for the 10.5 release in Q3 2014.