Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber guest ip address config

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Guys,

I am trying set up jabber guest server. I have a dedicated expressway c and e. One my initial challenges is to change dhcp to static ip. I am not used to Linux commands. I have followed the steps in the Admin guide but I am stuck with Vi  text editor. I don't know how to modify the ip config there. The dhcp status is showing true. How do I change it to false as well as entering the ip manually. Thanks in anticipation

Collins

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I have finally assigned the ip address. I modified the network.config and pressed x to save and quit.

Another challenge, is that am trying to set up call links but it's saying sip error - code 503. Am still new with the jabber guest server. I have read the deployment guide. I want to set it up first in the lab environment. So, I change the source of routing calls to call manager.

In summary

1. How do I set up the request path for lab environment? I guess the production deployment involves express way e public resolvable domain?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I have finally assigned the ip address. I modified the network.config and pressed x to save and quit.

Another challenge, is that am trying to set up call links but it's saying sip error - code 503. Am still new with the jabber guest server. I have read the deployment guide. I want to set it up first in the lab environment. So, I change the source of routing calls to call manager.

In summary

1. How do I set up the request path for lab environment? I guess the production deployment involves express way e public resolvable domain?

Hello, it's quite unfortunate that no one has responded to this thread. Anyways, I have been able to resolve the sip error code 503.the cucm trunk to the jabber guest was not showing full service due to incorrect ip address. After I modified the ip address, the call link started working. This could help others who might encounter such error message.