Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber in local newtork questions

Dear all,
I need help to use Jabber in the smart phones inside the local network in which
the smart phone can reach the cucm directly via wifi in the Local network.
So no Expressway nor any connect is needed i think, as i want to use the jabber to place only audio calls (internal/external) as a replacement to Wireless ip phone.

1- can this be done via Jabber or there is another solution/application to be used??
2- For audio call only via Jabber i need only CUCM, Presence server, LDAP & Unity server, is all are mandatory? do i miss otherthings??
3- Currently am having CUCM & Unity servers Ver 8.5 with DLU license, can i upgrade them to 9.1 and do licesnse transfer or upgrade and buy Jabber license, or other please advice??????
Thanks all,

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you need to use Jabber

If you want phone only mode, you only need CUCM and if you don't have LDAP, you can use UDS.

Your version is already out of support, CUCM 9.1 is EOS/EOL and is going out of support this year.

Reach out to your SE or the partner that you work with, to plan for the upgrade and see what options you have based on your support contracts and upgrade options.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

yes your phone can registerdas either a csf, bot or tct device (windows, android, iOS respectively.  on cucm. no need for a VCSe if you dont want MRA once outside wifi range

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: