cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber main window opens with each new chat message - how do I stop it?

Hey,

With the recent Cisco Jabber update I've noticed that each time I receive a chat message (just a new message in an already open chat window) the main Jabber window reopens each time. Anyone know how I stop this from happening? It's really annoying. I don't want the main Jabber window open all of the time.

Thanks.

23 Replies 23

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kimberly,

What are the Jabber and CUCM/IM&P versions?

Which OS is installed on the PC?

Manish

Jabber version is 11.8.2. I'm unsure about the CUCUM/IM&P version.

OS is Windows 7.

Cheers

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for the details. I do not see any specific known issue with this version and symptoms. Is this affecting all Jabber clients? If yes, then there is a possibility of a bug/global config issue, else if it is only affecting a few clients then it will likely be client specific and you can try comparing the client config of the ones that work fine with those that don't and also try reinstall of any one of them to see how it goes before getting into the Jabber PRT logs and further troubleshooting.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Just wanted to report that we see the same issue with Cisco Jabber 11.8.2 on both Windows 7 SP1 x64 and Windows 10 1607 x64.

We are just in the middle of upgrading to 11.8.2 and also are getting reports from some frustrated uses. They do not like having the main window taking up space in their task bar. Have seen the behavior on both Windows 7 x64 and Windows 10 X64. 

I would suggest opening a TAC SR so that this can be fixed or a bug filed if required.

Manish

I have logged a ticket with our Support Vendor in hopes that it can get escalated to Cisco and a fix put in place in the near future. 

Kimberly,

Do you have a bug number for this issue? We are facing the same issue.

I do not have a Bug number - they just told me it would be logged as a bug to be worked.

It is not resolved in the newest version of Jabber 11.8.4 so not sure when they will address this bug.

Thanks,

Kim

Same issue here. Highly irritating.

My feeling is that this is due to the new panel in the main window, on the left margin, with the icons "Contacts", "Chats", "Recents", "Voice Messages", and "Meetings".  

Each time that I receive a new chat update, there is a red bubble that shows the number of unread updates, which cover the "Chats" icon.

Could this icon change spring the main window up to notify that it has changed?

Regards,

Philippe

@jacobwilson wrote:

Kimberly,

Do you have a bug number for this issue? We are facing the same issue.

========================================================== we are using v11.8.4 build 52954 i do not think that this is a 'bug' it looks like it is the default operation of jabber i feel, there should be a local configuration setting that can be changed to stop it from displaying for each im session - users preference.

Hi Manish,

From what I know everyone in my team is having the same issue. I'm unsure about company-wide though.

Thanks,

Kim

We have the same issue as well.  Any update?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: