Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber mapping names using AD instead of CUCM

Akraz
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with Jabber

Jabber will use Microsoft Active Directory to scan what extension is in the Telephone field of a user's account
This poses a problem because we have a lot of users that share a common extension (example 11111) and 11111 is programmed on their AD Account, we have a lot of big teams like this.

When someone from that extension calls you, Jabber will randomly select someone from AD that matches that extension and displays the caller as that person, but it is not them actually calling.

The desk phones (we have all 88xx serioes) will use the database in call manager to map extensions to names, 11111 is "Site 1 Front Desk" and that's how it will show up, as usual. I want this to show up in Jabber as well.

Jabber however will show some random person who has 11111 programmed into AD and the person receiving the call is tricked into thinking this person is the caller.

Why doesn't Jabber use call manager to retrieve the name of an extension?

3 Replies 3

Because it wasn’t written to do that. It’s as simple as that.

Response Signature

Speak for yourself. I got it to work. just enabled UDS search in the jabber service profile and disabled LDAP Search

Pretty embarrassing you call yourself a VIP. Pretty disrespectful of you. Please watch your tone.

Use UDS for Contact Resolution:

User data service is a service that provide access to user informatin stord in the CUCM backend storage. Check the check box if select to use the UDS service provided in CUCM for the directory lookup instead of external directory.

Have a great day Roger the VIP!

I’m sorry if you feel like my comment was offensive or rude, that was not my intent.

UDS is an option, but not many uses that these days as it has some quite serious implications on CM performance/load. Worth knowing about UDS is that it’s not very scalable as it puts a significant load on the CM system as it uses the Tomcat service to provide the interface to the clients. Tomcat is and has been for a long time the single most stressed system component in CM. In recent versions Cisco has tried to combat this by splitting the system components into separate treads for Tomcat, but this has also in my experience made the CM to have more issues with the various web services it has. The underlying problem with this is that the system is running on a 32-bit code structure. Hopefully this will change when version 15 gets released as that’s supposedly to be rewritten to 64-bit.

Anyway best of luck with your endeavour.

Response Signature