Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Phone Mode + Lync/OCS

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I have a customer that is using Lync for IM+P, and is interested on Jabber Phone mode for calling, I understand we can install Jabber Phone mode, and disable Click2x, I'm assuming when we do that it strips all functionality of Jabber on Office. Is it possible to somehow have outlook click2x to use Lync for IM+P, and Jabber phone for calls?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ChrisRosenberg
Level 1
Level 1

All the Click2x does is prevent Jabber from writing to the IM Providers registry key. This allows Lync to still integrate with Outlook when you try to IM from Outlook or do an RCC call. The default IM Providers registry key has to be set with Lync in order for Outlook to IM and Call using the Lync IM client.

Understand that Jabber and Lync RCC are not supported by Cisco. This is a huge headache to implement. Cisco makes a CUCI Lync product for this very purpose.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ChrisRosenberg
Level 1
Level 1

All the Click2x does is prevent Jabber from writing to the IM Providers registry key. This allows Lync to still integrate with Outlook when you try to IM from Outlook or do an RCC call. The default IM Providers registry key has to be set with Lync in order for Outlook to IM and Call using the Lync IM client.

Understand that Jabber and Lync RCC are not supported by Cisco. This is a huge headache to implement. Cisco makes a CUCI Lync product for this very purpose.

Thanks Chris, how about if they wanted to just see presence from Lync, and chat from Lync, but the call bubble they wanted to use Jabber Phone, is that feasible? Or same restriction. Not sure if there are different registry keys for each different function from the contact card.

You can't see presence information without RCC. CUCI Lync would be the only other alternative. RCC is painful, like super painful. Calling is not instant, there are many times where calls will not dial out immediately as the Lync window tries to send the call to Jabber, multiple windows to control a call causes confusion. Call Forward is iffy.

Like I would take trying to cure hunger in Africa over trying to make RCC work without a single issue from Lync to Jabber. Use CUCI Lync.

Looking at the CiscoJabberSetup.msi with Orca i can see the property for CLICK2X and it has a value of '0' - Does changing that to 'DISABLE' will have the same effect as installing via the following command;

msiexec.exe CLEAR=1 /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLICK2X=DISABLE

Thanks,

Richard