Helpful
Replies

Jabber registration issue on CCM 7.1.5

Andrea Morici
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, I'd like to ask your valuable advice on the following:

- we're running CCM 7.1.5(b)SU5

- we installed the following .cop files for Android support (we tried one after the other hoping to get around the problem):

cmterm-android_8.6.2v17.cop.sgn

cmterm-android_8.6.2v17b.cop.sgn

cmterm-android_9.0.1v24.cop.sgn

- we forced the phone (Samsung Galaxy S GTi9000) to install the following Jabber client (found on CCO together with the above device files for which it should be compatible):

Release 8.6(5) - Optimus-MR3-aligned.apk

Unfortunately we had no luck and the phone gets always the 'timeout/check network config' error.

This is what you see on CCM side:

12/07/2012 10:51:44.332 CCM|SIPStationD(7,100,169,47), BOTTEST, 10.40.251.125:40916, primaryDN=5011, Registration profile error: Error: DB Config, sending registration reject and closing station|<CLID::CCMSG-Cluster><NID::10.40.11.23><CT::0,0,0,0.0><IP::><DEV::><LVL::Error><MASK::0020>

... we followed all the Cisco guidelines to create a suitable device configuration (the same worked like a charm on CCM 8.5).

I'll attach a CCM trace showing the above error (as you may have guesses, the phone name is 'BOTTEST')

Thanks a lot !

- Andrea

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you put in the fake domain name on the Android client on the Device config at the bottom of the page?

Hi Tommer,

I didn't use any fake domain on the phone client configuration ... also because I didn't see it to be honest: the only options I was allowed to configure were the device name (the one starting with 'BOT') and the server IP address.

I'm sure I didn't use it either on the CCM 8.5 when I registered to it the few android smartphones I had.

Thanks,

Andrea

This domain name.  "Local.ted"

Thanks Tommer, I'll give it a try and I'll come back to you ;-)

Cheers,

Andrea

Richard Hermann
Level 4
Level 4

I've been having a real fun time trying to get Jabber for Android working as well.  CUCM version 8.6.2 and Jabber 9.0.

The trick was to check the box for '' in the SIP profile you created for Android phones.

I was connecting to the CUCM, but then it would time out.

Thanks,

Richard

Thanks Richard,

I'll suggest this as well to the customer and I'll let you know if the trick will do its job ;-)

Cheers,

Andrea

Unfortunately I just heard back from the customer and checking the 'Use FQDN in SIP requests', inside phone profile, didn't prove to be useful: CCM is still preventing the phone from registering :-(

... any further suggestion/hint will be more than welcome !

Cheers,

Andrea

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: