cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Searchable Company Directory

jshupick
Level 7
Level 7

I posted this in the feature request for Jabber. I was told that everyone else works but mine so to post it here.

The ability to search for more then just name in Jabber.

Yes we can search by name in Jabber, this is fine if you know the person's name. But if you know what Department they work in be able to put in "Parts" and get everyone in Parts or "Location Parts" and get everyone for that location in the Parts Department.

Or even for us Admins who need to know who has a certain extension be able to search by extension or any phone number for a user for that matter. Yes I know you can go into CallManager and search there but being able to pop open the search in Jabber that you already have open for a quick look would make it so much easier.

Like in the other forum I enabled indexing and ANR on the attributes that I would like to search on in AD. Waited overnight for replication and still no go.

Please let me know what I am missing

CallManager 11.0.1.21900-11

CUPS Server 11.0.1.10000-6

Jabber 11.5.1 (Also tested on 11.7)

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've seen some cases in which after ANR is enabled, a reboot has been required for it to work. And I mean a reboot of the LDAP server.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

Thanks for the reply... I will get it on the schedule to reboot the LDAP/AD servers and check after that.

Thanks Again,

Jeremy