Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber user usage report

mytian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community.

I know this topic has come up many times with the need for reporting to demonstrate jabber adoption.
I can see RTMT can show "Current connect Jabber Clients", but you would have to keep RTMT running 24x7 to see the long term trend.

I have heard “Cisco Prime Collaboration 11.0 Assurance and Analytics" probably has the ability to do analytics and generating some kind of usage report, but haven't tried.

Has anyone used it before, and confirm if it's capable to do so? Can you share a screenshot of the report?
And is there any third party tools can do this long term Jabber Clients usage reporting?

Thanks in advance to any feedback.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes it works for on-prem deployment, we have this enabled since a few weeks and it presents data for usage in Control Hub. You need to add this to you configuration, in the xml file or if you'r like us on 12.x you can use the configuration in the webUI for it.

Snag_9ab672.png

To find your OrgID you do this.

Snag_2e1676.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28

If you are using Cisco Control Hub it has the ability to collect what you ask for. It would require you to add configuration in the Jabber configuration XML file to turn on collection of analytics data.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

thanks for your reply. 

We are using Jabber on Premise, and I do have control hub, but would control hub be able to pull Jabber info and generate report since we are on  premise?  

If modify the Jabber config XML can do this, that's great. Was their any document shows this?

I was looking at this https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_6/cjab_b_cloud-and-hybrid-deployments-cisco-jabber-12-6/cjab_b_cloud-and-hybrid-deployments-cisco-jabber-12-6_chapter_01011.html but it's not what I was looking for.

Regards,

Sam

Yes it works for on-prem deployment, we have this enabled since a few weeks and it presents data for usage in Control Hub. You need to add this to you configuration, in the xml file or if you'r like us on 12.x you can use the configuration in the webUI for it.

Snag_9ab672.png

To find your OrgID you do this.

Snag_2e1676.png

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your information, it is definitely an improvement from Cisco in this field.

I have tested with a couple of college's XML before completely roll out to all my users.

It proves to be working.

Tips to other users.  Copy the "Organisation ID" instead of "Company Name". I fall into that trap, and TAC was able to help me figured it out.

Thanks

Sam

Glad you got it to work @mytian 

You made me uncertain about what I wrote with your note about using company name instead of organization id, so I went back to check what I wrote. I did write OrgID and showed where to retrieve it in control hub, although masked out for obvious reason. Sorry for causing any issues for you on this if there was any misleading/obscured information given. To make it clearer I updated the picture for Control Hub to highlight what to copy.

Response Signature

This was very informative. I have a client that has perpetual licensing for their on-prem solution - so they don't exist in Control Hub. We do have Control Hub for our internal system and a number of other clients. Is there any way to pull this data into Control Hub even though they aren't under our Control Hub "umbrella?"

@Roger Kallberg We have an org with 20k or so users and like what we have seen from a test group. Any clue if sending the Jabber data to the Control Hub invokes any additional change? Thanks

We’re similar in size as you and AFAIK there are no additional changes needed. We’re on 12.5 of CM so we used the new central configuration for Jabber XML file to push this to the clients. It makes life so much easier than the old last century way of doing it with an actual file and restart of TFTP service.

Response Signature

Thanks @Roger Kallberg, Any additional costs to send the data to the Control Hub?

Not that I'm aware off. But I'm not the best source of truth for licensing and costs as that's outside of my interest area.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

How connectivity will take place in between on prem and cloud control hub...Do we need any port open for this...

Not entirely sure about this as we use a proxy service for our clients web access, but very likely it would be encrypted communication over a web service port. If I would guess I would say port 443.

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

From where i can get jabber usage report .

Control hub >> Analytics >> and then  which option needs to select ?

Never really used it myself. I'm not a statistics or number type of person. This screen shot is from out internal deployment document for this.

image.png

I trust you'd be able to find it with this.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: