Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber v12 with CUAC-A v12 and Auto-Answer

Hi folks,

I've got a question about using CUAC Advanced client with a voice enabled the Jabber client and USB headset.  The receptionist wants to be able to take and answer calls while on the move.  The headset would have to trigger Jabber to answer and end the call and I am wondering if this is possible.  

We know this works with an IP phone as it has the option for wireless headset Hookswitch Control but this option doesn't exist in the CSF profile template.  

So, the question is, can this be done or do we have to stick with a physical phone?

Thanks guys.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Jabber included plugins for the major headset manufacturers, at least Jabra and Plantronics if memory serves. These typically allow the headset controls to function, including answer/end call. You should check the manufacturer website for compatibility though. Also test a unit before buying a bunch of them.
This headset plugin functionality has not been ported to Webex Teams with UCM Calling though.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Jabber included plugins for the major headset manufacturers, at least Jabra and Plantronics if memory serves. These typically allow the headset controls to function, including answer/end call. You should check the manufacturer website for compatibility though. Also test a unit before buying a bunch of them.
This headset plugin functionality has not been ported to Webex Teams with UCM Calling though.

Thanks Jonathan.  I'll get the plugins and test them out. 

Hi

The requirement can be solved by the 3rd party application "MARS Express Auto Answer" for Cisco CUCM /UCCX/ UCCE

Along with other Cisco Desk phones,the application supports Cisco Jabber Windows Client also.

PFA a short writeup on the application

For more details you can write to info@parsec-tech.com

www.parsec-tech.com