cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Version 12.8 will not recognize Cisco Headset 531

alan.kuehnau
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber Version 12.8 is installed on a Dell Precision 3550, Win10, Intel Core Processor i7, 16GB, and WILL NOT recognize a Cisco Headset 531 plugged into the USB-C port.

This computer is the same as many used in a call center, with the same headset.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times. 

I've cleared out old-unplugged devices-checked processes-cleaned the registry-etc...

What else can I do to get these two devices to mate up?

With Thanks,

Alan.Kuehnau

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Have you tried with a newer version of Jabber?

Is the headset working on Windows itself? E.g. when playing music.

Have you checked the Speaker / Microphone settings of Windows or in Jabber?

--- Please rate this post as "Helpful" or accept as a solution, if your question has been answered ---

Thank you for weighing in on this.

Have you tried with a newer version of Jabber? --There was a newer version installed, but I changed it to what the est of the department is using.

Is the headset working on Windows itself? E.g. when playing music.-- Didn't check.

Have you checked the Speaker / Microphone settings of Windows or in Jabber?-- Yes, thank you.

If you have not validated that the headset is working in the operating system the advise would be for you to do so. If the device isn’t working in the OS it would not work in any applications.

Response Signature

Thanks to all that took the time to answer, but it turned out to be the port.

I added and a USB-C to USB adapter and the headset works on the other USB ports.

Thank You!

Hello Alan,

glad it works now.

Please consider marking a reply as a solution, to credit other people's help and that others see that as a resolved post.

BR