Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber

Ahmad Kefaya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Engineers, 

i'm new in Jabber word, i'm finish the integration between CUCM 10.0 and CUCM IM&P 10.0 and i make LDAP Sync and every things is okay, But :-

1.i need to use desk phone for jabber, what type of phone i will create "CUCP OR CUCSF".

2.How i can use the same user in more than one device at the same time, like :- deskphone, jabber windows, and  jabber iphone. 

3.finally, how i can use the Jabber with outlook "make call from outlook". i guess the integration with exchange will do this ???

Best Regards,

Ahmad Kefaya

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

1.i need to use desk phone for jabber, what type of phone i will create "CUCP OR CUCSF".

No need to create any phone type. Just assign the SEP device as controlled device in CUCM Enduser page. Also make sure that CCMCIP profile in IM&P server is properly configured.

2.How i can use the same user in more than one device at the same time, like :- deskphone, jabber windows, and  jabber iphone. 

Deskphone - Assign SEP Phone as controlled device

Windows - Create a 'Client Service Framework' device type. The Device name should start with 'CSF'

iPhone - Create a 'Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone' device type. The Device name should start with 'TCT'

3.finally, how i can use the Jabber with outlook "make call from outlook". i guess the integration with exchange will do this ???

View solution in original post

.finally, how i can use the Jabber with outlook "make call from outlook". i guess the integration with exchange will do this ???

The Integration is automatic. Just try dialling from Outlook

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First of all, if you're new to Jabber, your first stop, is the Jabber documentation for each version of Jabber you'll be using, easily found on cisco.com by searching "jabber for < platform >"

That is the very first thing you need to do, Q1 is answered within the jabber for Windows config guide, whether you want softphone, or deskphone control.

Q2 simply configure the jabber client for other platforms with same user binding and same DN if applicable

Q3, is also answered within the Jabber for Windows docs

Reading the available documentation will provide you will all the requirements and configurations for the settings you might need to make Jabber work

Once you've gone thru the documentation, then let us know if you have further questions not addressed in there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

i will read this book "Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.7 Installation and Configuration Guide", i hope this book will help me, 

Thanks 

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ahmad, 

like Jaime said you will need to read up, otherwise you will never be able to support your solution.

With Q3.  as soon as you installed Jabber, and have it set up as either a "softphone" or a working with a CTI controlled desk phone, phone numbers in outlook will be 'dialable' as phone numbers become like hyperlink that you can just click that link and it will dial it from the applicable phone, pretty much zero touch as the jabber installation hooks into your OS for that (same goes for the presence bubble in front of for instance email recipients.

give it a shot and if you get stuck, post a specific issue

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Dennis,

i will ready and give you feedback, thanks 

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

No need to create any phone type. Just assign the SEP device as controlled device in CUCM Enduser page. Also make sure that CCMCIP profile in IM&P server is properly configured.

Deskphone - Assign SEP Phone as controlled device

Windows - Create a 'Client Service Framework' device type. The Device name should start with 'CSF'

iPhone - Create a 'Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone' device type. The Device name should start with 'TCT'

.finally, how i can use the Jabber with outlook "make call from outlook". i guess the integration with exchange will do this ???

The Integration is automatic. Just try dialling from Outlook