cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Archiver SQLite database issue

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Trying to us the message archiver cli and getting the following error.

when trying to do run only switch other than login is -a

Starting version 1.0.16.0
[Thread 001], [19/04/19 09:28:42], (error) opening Sqlite database at startup:System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
at MessageArchiverCli.Program.Main(String[] args)
Attached to SQLite database

Command Line Options:
Connection server: 10.101.8.XXX
Secondary Connection server:
Login name: username
Login password: ********
Include deleted messages: True
Get all users: True
CSV file of users:
List of aliases: {empty}
List of excluded aliases: {empty}
Interactive: False
Wait after message estimate: False
Message root folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Unity Connection Message Archiver CLI\Messages
Use CUMI for Messages: False
Oldest message date to get: 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM

Logging into Connection server: 10.101.8.210
Logged into ODBC for: Cisco.Unity.Connection.ConnectionServer
Attaching via IMAP to server...
[Thread 001], [19/04/19 09:28:44], (error) SqliteDb object passed to ConnectionMessageBackupFunctions constructor is null.
(error) Failed to attach via IMAP to Connection server:System.ArgumentException: SqliteDb object passed to ConnectionMessageBackupFunctions constructor is null.
at MessageArchiverCli.Lib.ConnectionMessageFunctions..ctor(ConnectionServer pConnectionServer, SqliteDbFunctions pDb)
at MessageArchiverCli.Program.Main(String[] args)

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm still around out here - don't always see all the posts as they come up.

Right off hand not sure why the SQLite constructor would fail (there's no security issues here so long as you have read/write access to the destination which is not in my control).  Things like missing DLLs causing a failure to bubble up or something along those lines perhaps.  You can ping me at lindborg at cisco dot com directly and I can take a look - lots of folks using the CLI message archiver so it's not something fundamentally wrong with the tool.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
The author and TAC (if shown as supported) offer good help for these tools

I’ve found the CLI tools to throw weird errors if you don’t run with the permissions needed to run the app and write , with the target directory writable .

I have to run as admin and specify a directory I can write to as a target or it fails .

Yeah I am running as admin and running within a folder I can write.  Nothing special on this PC permissions wise. Know any good way to get in touch with Linborg? I don't make a habit of opening TAC cases....

Last one I opened against cobras was a bust basically didn't solve the problem just pointed at PC as the source of the issue and didn't get past that.

@lindborgused to reply in the forums but I haven't seen anything in a while.

I haven't called TAC about these tools myself - the CLI versions seem to spit up errors that are difficult to discern the actual cause of but I've gotten through them. 

I'm still around out here - don't always see all the posts as they come up.

Right off hand not sure why the SQLite constructor would fail (there's no security issues here so long as you have read/write access to the destination which is not in my control).  Things like missing DLLs causing a failure to bubble up or something along those lines perhaps.  You can ping me at lindborg at cisco dot com directly and I can take a look - lots of folks using the CLI message archiver so it's not something fundamentally wrong with the tool.

Thanks will do, have to table this for now, was actually able to prove what I needed with User Data Dump. Basically people where not checking messages and company needed a way to enforce. Unread message count solved it once we had they change the preference to save instead of mark new if they didn’t listen to whole message. Apparently some people don’t know how or why they would want to clear an mwi.

Steve was bang on, it was a windows permission issue, just gave it a usable path with -r parameter and it ran like a champ.

ex.  > MessageArchiverCli -c 10.2.99.11 -l user -p password -d false -u PHP -r C:\TFTP-Root\MessageArchiverCLI