Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft Teams meeting with Cisco Jabber open causes audio issues

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

we have Jabber for Windows 12.9 running on our client computers and we use Jabra (Evolve) USB Headsets. Now we also use Microsoft Teams for web conferencing and p2p calls.

It happens from time to time, that when a user is in a MS Teams web conferenece and a call is coming in through Jabber, that the call will be accepted automatically without any user interaction. If this happens, you have both, MS Teams audio and Jabber audio at the same time via your Headset. It can also happen vice versa, that you on a Jabber call and another call via MS Teams comes in that the computer automatically picks up the Teams call and end the Jabber call without user interaction.

Sadly, we cannot reproduce this issue.

Is someone out there who is experiencing the same issue and might have an answer to this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

We just found out that it is the Jabra Headset we are using! With some oder models we can reproduce the issue. Some newer models are working fine. Maybe we can fix this with a firmware update. There is also a difference in the headset itself, some are Microsoft certified, some are Cisco certified. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Nobody is using both Tools and having any issues?

We’re using both of these, but haven’t seen the issue you describe.

Response Signature

Are you using telephony services in both tools?

Yes, albeit in Teams limited to internal calls.

Response Signature

dear Rooger 

please share script to add in macros for MS team Button to join by dialing on touch panel 

As your question is off topic to the OP it is advisable for you to create your own post to ask your question.

Response Signature

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

We just found out that it is the Jabra Headset we are using! With some oder models we can reproduce the issue. Some newer models are working fine. Maybe we can fix this with a firmware update. There is also a difference in the headset itself, some are Microsoft certified, some are Cisco certified. 

The problem I am getting is that if I am in a Teams meeting, the microphone on my (non-Jabber) headset is muted. This is a problem if I am on the Jabber softphone and join a meeting, or if on a meeting and someone calls me, the caller can hear nothing.  This discussion seems to imply that it is at least possible to have the headset work simultaneously in both Microsoft Teams and the Jabber softphone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: