cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MRA calls disconnect every 30 seconds

khanalb
Level 1
Level 1

Calls from MRA phones to internal numbers disconnect every 30 seconds. However, reboot of the MRA phone fixes the issue. I am on CUCM ver.12.5. What could be the possible cause of this issue?

Thanks

Khanal

9 Replies 9

If you look under Expressway C in CM do you see your C(s) listed with host name or FQDN? Typically Expressway clusters add the record as host names, but they need to be in FQDN in CM from 12.5 I believe. Easiest way to achieve this is to let Expressway add the record(s) as host name and then edit it/them in CM afterwards. Don’t worry about that next time you run the synchronisation in Expressway you’ll see them added as host names again, that fine and will not cause any issues.

Response Signature

khanalb
Level 1
Level 1

They are listed as hostname (under Device->Expressway-C) in CUCM. I am curious to know how will changing hostname to fqdn solve the disconnection problem?

There is a defect for this. I don’t remember the bugid for it, but if you search the community you can likely find it.

Response Signature

khanalb
Level 1
Level 1

Thats awesome. I will search for the bug id to understand the issue in detail. In the mean time, should I do it during after hour or can do anytime without disrupting active calls? And I don't have to keep updating it every time expressway-c syncs with CUCM?

You can do it anytime and no you don’t need to do anything after a sync.

Response Signature

Looks at this post for additional information, including the bugid. https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-applications/cscvz27796-mra-registration-flaps/td-p/4541580

Response Signature

Djeten
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue with 2 phones that register through MRA. Phones register but then unregister after about 30 sec. In the status messages of the phone, I see 'Reset-Restart'.

Issue persists even when I change the name of the Expressway C to FQDN

MxHadi
Level 1
Level 1

New update: (maybe this help)

last day, I was on a project and got an error as this:
external jabber calls on the expressway goes on Preservation mode after 40 seconds, then its disconnected.

I did these two steps and the problem was solved:
1- changed the expressway core hostname to full FQDN in cucm >> device >> expressway-c
2- set DNS + domain name to CUCM + CUP (ssh to them >> set network dns.. + set network domain..) (I forgot to do this..)

-- if this helped, please rate by click (Accept as solution) or (Helpful) --