cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nessus installation on Cisco CUCM

ranjith raman
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to scan our CUCM using Nessus.

I am would like to confirm on below 2 points.

- Is it possible to scan CUCM using Nessus

- Is it re recommended by Cisco 

I am not able to find out any related cisco documents or links . It would be great If there is any reference link/documents can share if available.

We are running on CUCM 10.5.2

5 Replies 5

If you need to install something on the CM then it’s not possible, but if it’s an offline scanner it should be okay. We use an offline scanner that scans our devices and we have not seen any specific impact on systems. As always it’s advisable to scan during low peek hours to not impact the service.

Response Signature

Asper tenable site, Nessus was able to obtain the version information for a Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) system via SSH and HTTPS SOAP requests.

1.PNG

https://www.tenable.com/plugins/nessus/80282

Response Signature

ranjith raman
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Roger,

Thanks much for the response. May I know is it not recommended to install Nessus agents on CUCM to scan CUCM for vulnerabilities
Here our client just need to confirm about Nessus only. So we have to confirm whether Cisco is recommended such installation of Nessus.
It would be great if you can give any inputs on this query.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjith Raman
Senior Network Voice Engineer
NTT | Global Delivery Center
Email : Ranjith.Raman@global.ntt Shift Time: Sunday – Thursday 01:30 AM - 8:30 PM (GMT)
[cid:image003.jpg@01D7192F.AACFEE70]

It is not possible to install any 3:rd party software in the operating system that Cisco UC systems use. CVOS as it’s named is a locked down version of CentOS or RHEL depending on version, where only software released by Cisco can be installed.

Response Signature

As @Roger Kallberg  mentioned, not possible to install any applications on top of CUCM.