Helpful
Replies

offline, on a call

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I am installing Presence 8.6 and jabber 9.0.4

We have an issue that when a user is available and then answers a call (hard phone) the status changes to:

offline, on a call, and never changes back to available.

Is this a problem in jabber client or Presence?

I have tried older versions an also on 9.0.2 , 9.0.3 I saw the problem.

Only 9.0.1 works OK, but here we have a problem with the language.

My customer needs to install jabber for 200 users, and now we are stuck!!

Please help!!

JH

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just doubled checked with one of the developers. Turns out that it'll actually be fixed in the next MR which is out next week. That's 9.0.5.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like you're hitting CSCub23634. This is scheduled for 9.1

Hi,

Sounds a little like the problem, but not 100%

We install 9.0.4 and it works; I mean phone off-hook on-hook and the status changes correctly.

Then logout and login again, and we have to problem I described, from available it switches to "offline, in a call" and never back to available. Is this really a bug, or can we get around it somehow?

Remeber we had to fight of MS lync here, customer is NOT happy.

When will 9.1 available, and please don't say sometime, or not sure, I am stuck here now.

Bye,

Jan

9.1, is scheduled for release at the end of October. The symtoms that you describe sound exactly like the defect. Note, the wording on the bug isn't very clear.

End of October!

You must be joking.

I shall inform the local Cisco account manager, let them solve it.

Bye,

Jan

Just doubled checked with one of the developers. Turns out that it'll actually be fixed in the next MR which is out next week. That's 9.0.5.

THANKS!!!!

One week, maybe two weeks I can handle.

I shall check the download pages each day!

Thanks!

Bye,

Jan

Jan,

I gave you the wrong bug ID. The correct one is CSCub01572. This is fixed in the next MR.

Mmm...,

I have to believe you.

I don't have access to this bug because it contains "proprietary information"

Thansk for your help, waiting for 9.0.5

Bye,

Jan

9.0.5 released....The bads news still a problem....The good news not the same one.....

The problem that caused the offline on a call issue, that we found and logged a fault with, is if you changed any information in the options menu eg uncheck tick box, etc, then the next time you log in you will experience the fault offline on a call, which then just sits there. So the only fix is to log out again and back in and now fixed.

Now I have just downloaded 9.0.5, to test the problem, and now if you make a change in the options and log out and back in, when you go offhook, it remains in AVAILABLE state, which is same issue as above just different name. To rectify you need to logout but back in again.

So from what I can see in 10 minutes of testing is nothing has changed. I will do further testing tomorrow to confirm my suspicions but CSCub01572 is still applicable, sadly.

Hope that helps.

Hey,

If there is still a problem, can you open a tac case and include a detailed problem report. We can get the developers to re-investigate then.

- Colin

Hi Colin,

I will do further testing tomorrow at work, and this case is possibly from our TAC case originally so I will update the TAC engineers & our Cisco Account Rep tomorrow with the findings.

Thanks

Mal

Hello Colin,

I have installed 9.0.5 on about 10 PC's and it seems to be stable.

The on-call/available status are changing correctly.

It Looks OK to install it on more PC's.

Thank you for your help,

Bye,

Jan

Hi Jan,

Do the following test, and see if your presence call status is still correct.

Go to OPTIONS, under GENERAL, and tick or untick the checkbox Automatically start Jabber...The opposite of what is currently configured. Click APPLY and OK.

Then sign out and exit Jabber client. Reopen client and go offhook with your phone.

In my testing it will remain available, and will do so until you log out and back in again for a second time.

Let me know if that doesn't happen as then that may be our environment setup.

Cheers

Mal

We are CUCM 8.5.1 & CUPS 8.6.4

Hi Mal,

Next week Tuesday I shall go to my customer and I shall test it there.

In my home I have a CM , Unity Connection and Presence cluster running plus SBS2011 and Lync, and here everything works absolutely perfect.

Last week I installed several Jabber 9.0.5 clients at customer site, and didn't see something weird, but when you install, you login / logout a lot, so I can not be sure.

In my home-lab it seems to be working quite well, and didn't see the issue you mentioned.

CM: 8.6.2.20000-2

Presence: 8.6.4.10000-28

Unity Connection:  8.6.2.20000-76

I shall check on Tuesday at customer site.

Bye,

Jan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: