Views
Helpful
Replies

Peer-to-peer call between Cisco Spark app and standards-based endpoint

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Team,

I am referring to below doc where it says ,Audio, video, or media that does not pass through a Hybrid Media Node:

• Audio from phones
  • Peer-to-peer call between Cisco Spark app and standards-based endpoint

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cloudCollaboration/spark/hybridservices/mediaservice/deployment/cmgt_b_hybrid-media-deployment-guide/cmgt_b_hybrid-media-deployment-guide_chapter_0100.html#reference_267223F468729132FF9E2C42CFA86550

So question if there are two internal spark clients within my enterprise , will the media/signalling goes to the cloud ?

Thanks

Deepak Mehta

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Media will stay on video node if deployed

Signaling goes to the cloud

This is referring to a spark client making a p2p call to an endpoint on CCM or VCS which wouldn’t pass through the media node

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Media will stay on video node if deployed

Signaling goes to the cloud

This is referring to a spark client making a p2p call to an endpoint on CCM or VCS which wouldn’t pass through the media node

Thanks

Srini

Hi Srini,

I guess i didn’t read the doc carefully and you are right.

It clearly says peer to peer calls  between spark and other video endpoints.

I believe in that case the call media will be established via expresway E and C to the interbal video endpoitns.

Thank you for quick response.

ssielaff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My understanding is without a media node, the media (Audo stream) will go to the cloud.  There is no peer to peer calling with spark.

With a media node, the audio will go to the media node if the connectivity is better than the connectivity to the cloud.

Yes correct that’s what I mentioned above p2p call with spark endpoints will use HMN for the connection assuming of course the STUN test all come out in favor of that

Thanks

Srini

Hi Steve,

Signalling and media will go to the cloud however return path to the internal endpoint will be via Expressway E and C.

Let me know if you think this is not the case ?

Spark App-------------------Cloud---------------------Expressewa E- C----------------------CUCM ---------------------Endpoint

Yes that’s right assuming spark to CCM endpoints or VCS as I already mentioned above

Thanks

Srini

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: