cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS DSCP marking from Jabber for MAC

Justin Pascal
Level 1
Level 1

Can the Jabber client application mark DSCP values running in MAC?

Will it inherit what CUCM is instructing?

5 Replies 5

j.sillers
Level 5
Level 5

I would like to know this as well.  I see no docs that describe this like the well known marking issue with Windows 7.

The Jabber for Mac doc just talks about ACLs and medianet. But does the app do any markings natively?

Did you ever find out if Jabber was DSCP marking at all?

Many thanks

Dan

are you able to see " show call statistics" option in mac ?

Hi Varundeep,

Thank you for your quick reply.

In actual fact I'm doing some more generalised research on DSCP/QoS marking in Mac OS X applications. I don't have a copy of Jabber available to me at the present time, but was hoping that someone would be able to confirm that Jabber is in fact marking traffic with DSCP correctly.

Do you know if it's possible to configure the Jabber for Mac client to mark call traffic with specific DSCP values/classes or if the marking is set at default values by Cisco?

Many thanks

Dan

differential services are enabled by default in jabber for mac. refer the below doc for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115_chapter_010001.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: