Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about Cisco Jabber profile Display phone number

richardfu
Level 1
Level 1

Questions about Cisco Jabber profile Display phone number:

. Where the parenthesis and dash getting stripped out from the LDAP attribute telephonenumber and showing on Jabber contact without it? I checked the end users in CUCM have the parenthesis and dash.

. What is the impact by adding "+1" to every Jabber user telephonenumber in AD? Any changes need to done at Application Dial Rules to make Jabber call smoothly?

Thanks,  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not sure if followed all that you wrote. AD and UDS is two completely separate things. For the connection to AD the client would use LDAP(S). UDS is a CM communication process.

In general my advice to you on the formats of numbers in AD would be to have them all in a correct format that can be dialled directly without any modification. Dashes, spaces and any other non numeric characters have no place in telephone numbers. The recommendations would be to only allow numbers and have them in E.164 format with a plus (+) in front in your AD.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

That’s apart of the code in Jabber. Depending upon how you form the directory numbers in CM you have a few different things to make calls succeed if you add +<country code> to the telephone number information in your directory.

One of them are application dial rules as you wrote, but if I would recommend I’d tell you to stay clear of using any application dial rules as the do more harm then good.

If your directory numbers are in the format of E.164 with + and the CSS used by either the device or line have visibility of the partition that the directory numbers are in you don’t need to do anything.

If however the directory numbers are not as stated above you would have to create translations pattern(s) to translate the called number from the form that you have in the directory to the form of the directory numbers in CM.

If the CSS mentioned above does not have visibility of the PT the directory numbers are in you would also need to use translations patterns to “translate” the CSS, what I mean by translate is that you send the call out via a CSS after processing the TP and this CSS needs to have visibility of the directory number PT.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger for your great answers. E.164 format should be good for the Jabber call then. How about the UC service Directory Service"Phone Number Masks"? Is that will be the way to resolves the Jabber number from AD via UDS? What if I have different phone format in AD, e.g. (123) 456-7890, +(xx) 123-456-7890, or 123-456-7890? Could that be able to standard with +11234567890 in Jabber or we can make it in AD as standard format +(xx)123-456-7890 ? Any way to resolve to Jabber number without impact Jabber call if have extension in AD? e.g. +(x) 123-456-7890 EXT: 1234?

Thanks, 

Not sure if followed all that you wrote. AD and UDS is two completely separate things. For the connection to AD the client would use LDAP(S). UDS is a CM communication process.

In general my advice to you on the formats of numbers in AD would be to have them all in a correct format that can be dialled directly without any modification. Dashes, spaces and any other non numeric characters have no place in telephone numbers. The recommendations would be to only allow numbers and have them in E.164 format with a plus (+) in front in your AD.

Response Signature

Perfect thanks Roger for your great information. That solved my concerns.

Hi Roger,

is there way we can allow the profile on jabber to display 4 numbers as follows.    telephoneNumber, HomePhone,Mobile and pager(or any other attribute).             In cucm end user page ,i can see the above 4 attributes but only 3 show up in the cisco jabber profile.Assume a user has 4 phone numbers: jabber desktop,android,iphone and mobile line,how do we display all the 4 in the jabber profile

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: