Views
Helpful
Replies

"Cannot connect to Server" jabber issue when login to Expressway-E

Aldo Insfran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody!

I'm trying to make MRA works using Expressway + CUCM + IM&P with Jabber, in my lab. I have,

CUCM | IM&P  <--->  Expresway-C <---> Expressway-E <---> Jabber Client

CUCM: 10.95.200.40 --- cucm-105.logicalis.lab.py

IM&P: 10.95.200.42 --- imp-105.logicalis.lab.py

Expressway-C: 10.95.200.47 --- vcs-c-85.logicalis.lab.py

Internal DNS:  10.95.200.46

Expressway-E: 192.168.167.2 --- vcs-e-85.logicalis-py.lab.net

External-DNS:  192.168.167.3

There is no firewall between Expressway-C and E, they are just in two different vlans connected to a layer 3 switch,

Traversal Zone between Expressway-C and E is active,

CUCM Zone in Expressway-C is also active,

Traversal CUCM Zone between Exp-C and E active as well,

I also loaded these records to the external DNS server:

_h323cs._tcp.logicalis-py.lab.net. 86400 IN SRV 10 10 1720 vcs-e-85.logicalis-py.lab.net.
_h323ls._udp.logicalis-py.lab.net. 86400 IN SRV 10 10 1719 vcs-e-85.logicalis-py.lab.net.
_sip._tcp.logicalis-py.lab.net. 86400 IN SRV 10 10 5060 vcs-e-85.logicalis-py.lab.net.
_sip._udp.logicalis-py.lab.net. 86400 IN SRV 10 10 5060 vcs-e-85.logicalis-py.lab.net.
_sips._tcp.logicalis-py.lab.net. 86400 IN SRV 10 10 5061 vcs-e-85.logicalis-py.lab.net.
_turn._udp.logicalis-py.lab.net. 86400 IN SRV 10 10 3478 vcs-e-85.logicalis-py.lab.net.
_collab-edge._tls.logicalis-py.lab.net 86400 IN SRV 10 10 8443 vcs-e-85.logicalis-py.lab.net.
vcs-e-85.logicalis-py.lab.net. 86400 IN A 192.168.167.2

When going to Status>Unified Communication on both C and E, they show CUCM and IMP services configured

When I try to login with the jabber client for windows and android through the Expressway-E it show the message

"Cannot connect to Server", after give a pop-up windows saying that Jabber cannot accept the certificate provided by Expressway-E

However if I try to connect from the internal network to the CUCM IM&P everything works good,

I even tried to call from a C20 through the Expressway-E to a E60 registered to  CUCM and it succeded,

I attached the Jabber report for the error, and the jabber-config.xml

Do you have any clue why is this not working or how to troubleshoot this?

Any help will be appreciated,

5 Replies 5

Paul Stojanovski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since your CUCM and IM & Presence servers are in a different domain than your Collab Edge record you'll need to follow this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway-series/117811-configure-vcs-00.html?mdfid=286255326

In a nutshell,

1) Add the following records to your "INTERNAL" DNS Server:

SRV Record: '_cisco-uds._tcp.logicalis-py.lab.net.' on port 8443 to A record 'CUCM.logicalis.lab.py'
  SRV Record: '_cisco-uds._tcp.logicalis.lab.py' on port 8443 to A record 'CUCM.logicalis.lab.py'
  SRV Record: '_cuplogin._tcp.logicalis-py.lab.net.' on port 8443 to A record 'IMP.logicalis.lab.py'
  SRV Record: '_cuplogin._tcp.logicalis.lab.py' on port 8443 to A record 'IMP.logicalis.lab.py'

2) Add both domains to the Expressway-C

3) VoiceServicesDomain parameter set within the jabber-config.xml file to the external domain: logicalis-py.lab.net

4) For seamless login you'll continue to use userid@logicalis.lab.py. The VoiceServicesDomain parameter above will invoke the proper SRV lookup logic.

-P

Thanks for your advise Paul!, I'll make those changes tomorrow on my lab,

I'll let you know the results...

hi guys,

I had the same issue and Paul gave me right direction.

I followed his link with that configuration example and in my case I haven't configured 2 different domains at VCS Expressway - one for external domain, another for internal domain where IM&P resides. it was first mistake, second was DNS misconfiguration decribed in previously mentioned configuration example.

Paul,

Bad news, :(

Now my internal DNS server has the following,

And the external DNS server,

The Expressway-C has both domains;

The jabber-config.xml file includes the line:

<VoiceServicesDomain>logicalis-py.lab.net</VoiceServicesDomain>

(attached)

Expressway-C shows;

Expressway-E shows;

When I use the external DNS  server as the DNS server for my PC, it can resolves the _collab-edge server record,

But, when I try to login, it shows this error message,

"Unable to find the services..."

If I load manually the expressway-e IP address,

Then the error message is different,

"Unable to connect to the server..."

Looking at the Expressway-E log messages I found,

10.95.2.39 is the IP of my PC, it shows http 403 forbidden, but I'm not sure if that error correspond to the event of login attempt,

How may I continue troubleshooting this? I thing it should work...

Place in the actual server name with its domain.