Unable to chat with user that is available

Kristopher Tan
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if anyone else had the following issue with Jabber for Windows:

I've got 3 specific users A, B, C

- A can see B as available, and can send them a chat

- B can see both A and C and can send them a chat

- C can see A and CAN receive messages from B but CANNOT send chat to B. Any chat to B says "Message cannot be delivered"

- now if A creates a group chat with B and C, then C only will see A's messages

- other things of note are that no matter what computers any of those users sign into, and no matter whether they're on 9.0.4 or 9.0.5, the issue is still the same.

- if C looks at B from the iPad version of Jabber, the status of B is "Waiting for confirmation"

- the CUPAdmin->Presence->Settings->Allow users to view the availability of other users without being prompted for approval checkbox was already checked and servers have been restarted

- Presence server version is 8.6.4.10000-28

- Jabber for Windows is: 9.0.5 (also tested with 9.0.4)

- noticed this is the epeXXX.log file:

system.pe.storage.presence 1309462 ERROR validation failure: found key(new_row.uid_m, new_row.slotid_m) in table.build_list_given_mfi_uid_slotid() failed to insert row into table(presenceeventtable)

There is already a TAC case for this open, but I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this and noticed any strange or unusal reason why this could happen.

Kris

19 Replies 19

Any update on this?  We have a user experiencing the same problem.  (Newly installed Cisco system, < 2 months live)

Last word I got was this defect will be fixed in a future update, unknown version or release date.  The work-arounds given to me by support did not work. We are currently running Version 9.1.0 build 12296.

Thanks for the quick response.  Just to confirm, we're also running Version 9.1.0 build 12296

I just checked.  That's the latest version.

Hi,

Jabber win 9.1.1 is expected to be released by the end of this week. Fix for CSCuc51526 is included in this release.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: