cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete an older version of Cisco Spark

Raymond Meza
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a cleanup gui to whipe clean Cisco spark from my tablet? I am trying to install the latest version and exe. says that there is an older version installed and it can't be deleted.

11 Replies 11

rpieken80
Level 1
Level 1

similar issue here on my Windows 10 install.  It says it can't find the uninstall file, but it is right there.   

Thats correct, I'm running a surface pro 4 with windows 10.

Well,  I tried a removal tool and it didn't do the job, so I just had to search the registry and files and folder for anything on spark and delete it.  after that I could install the latest version.   not what I wanted to do, but it did the trick.  

I did that also. but i guess I missed a file somewhere since there are a ton of files called spark in general.

IE; Sparkline groups??

I did not delete any Sparkline groups.   I made sure it was related to Cisco Spark.  anything any question I left.   The files and folders under the windows user profile I deleted as well.  

dchumbley
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same error message on Win 7 Pro.  My spark version is 1.0.0.3544.  Anyone find a fix for uninstalling the older version?

nickolasjbritt
Level 1
Level 1

same problem, now I cannot uninstall the old version or install the new version (looking for an MSI in both cases)

tried pointing to .msi file but to no avail.

Any ideas Cisco?

MARK DAUSCHER
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having this exact problem right now and I'm a bit reluctant to delete files and registry settings. 

Has anyone from Cisco officially responded with a documented/tested solution?

Thanks!

I just got off the phone with TAC. bhaga@cisco.com recommended I download and run this program from MSFT that fixes problems preventing programs from being installed or removed running on Win 7, 8, 8.1 and 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

1. Download and click Open

2. Click Next

3. Select Uninstalling

4. Detecting Problems - Let it finish

5. Select the Program you want to uninstall - Scroll down  for Cisco Spark, highlight it and select next.

6. Cisco Spark - Uninstall and cleanup? - Select Yes, try uninstall

7. Resolving Problems - Let it finish

8. Detecting additional problems - Let it finish

9. Troubleshooting has completed -  Close the troubleshooter

After I did these steps I was able to uninstall Spark.

Thank you very much for this!

I had the update error issue for a long long time now and with these steps i was finally able to update spark.

Again thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: