cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to enter Webex room on windows 10

graham.howe
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using windows 10 for the past month and regularly attend Webex meetings without problems. Suddenly this week I receive the following message on any windows 10 machine running any browser whenever I try to attend a meeting and even if I just try to enter my own room.

Invalid input or system error. Please try again or contact your site administrator.

I have tested IE11, Edge, Chrome and Firefox, and I have tried 3 different windows 10 computers (desktop, laptop and surface pro). If I use windows 7 or 8.1 machines I have no issue accessing meetings. I understand that windows 10 may not be fully supported yet, however I don't see why this was working fine on windows 10 up until the end of last week and has suddenly changed. I certainly have not changed anything across all three of the windows 10 devices in the last few days so am reasonably sure the problem is not caused by any action I have taken.

25 Replies 25

jbrianj80
Level 1
Level 1

I posted a response on the Microsoft question here.

The underlying issue appears to be WebEx's parsing of the Windows 10 User Agent String:

Chrome User Agent:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.99 Safari/537.36

Edge User Agent:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2486.0 Safari/537.36 Edge/13.10547

Both result in the error.

Overriding the User Agent String which is what is done by ieTab and the manual change in developer tools. resolves the issue:

Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; Trident/6.0)

I don't have access to the WebEx code to confirm but my speculation is that they are not properly handling the ##.# formatting after NT.

erniasiacisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have encounter this as well. I have to use google chrome with IETab plugin install and I can join any webex meeting.

To use the ietab after installation, tyoe your webex url and click the ie tab icon in google chrome.

After that proceed to join or type a session number.

Steve Simon
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. The problem first started with IE ver 11.0.9600.17728 

and then today Chrome ver Version 45.0.2454.101 m. I don't have any issues with Firefox 

I did find a work around for both: 

IE You need to go into Private Mode. You can setup your browser to always go into Private Mode. Search Youtube "Always Start Internet Explorer in Private Browsing Mode" 

Chrome you have to Open a browser and in the Menu New incognito Window. 

I hope Microsoft and/or WebEx resolves this quickly. 

Is this workaround still valid?

tim_wright
Level 1
Level 1

I logged a case when this broke for the isilon.webex.com web site several weeks ago. I was assured by Cisco support that this would be fixed by now:

"I wanted to give you an update on issue.   I have checked with my engineering  team  on your issue. Windows 10 will not be fully supported until T30.1   As of now, we have partial support on T29.13.40. Currently at this time your site is on T29.13.34(isilon.webex.com) and at this time we do not support Windows 10 on that site. Please let me know if you have any additional questions."

and

"1.PRODUCTION Rollout Schedule : 8/14 - 9/11/15-T29.13.40 PRODUCTION Rollout Schedule : 9/4 - 9/21- T30.1"

So all sites not locked down should already be running the "fixed" version.

Cisco, please address this issue.

samiran.ghosh1
Level 1
Level 1

Please emulate IE9 within IE (F12 - Developer mode) and the paste the WEBEX URL. This worked for me.

This works in in Windows 10 on edge for me 

Note incognito in chrome did not work on the same machine

so we have workaround when will we get the fix?

luciano.muller
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried every workaround here but now the error is different than Invalid input or system error. Please try again or contact your site administrator.

It's "The system cannot find the file specified. nbrpfw.dll :

hugo.costa11
Level 1
Level 1

You can also install the IE Tester (http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/ietester.htm) and use a different version of ie10 and ie11.

Best regards

Hugo Costa @ www.rightitservices.com

K36757swt
Level 1
Level 1

In speaking with Cisco in regards to this error it has been explained to me that sites that are running the following will have issues when participants that use the Windows 10 OS.

Service version: WBS29
Page version: 29.13.70.10306 E
Client version: 29.13.34.10019 E

In order to correct this issue the site must be upgraded to WBS30.

troy-blakemore
Level 1
Level 1

I keep getting this error message:

Your version of Cisco WebEx does not support Windows 10. If you want to use WebEx on Windows 10, contact your administrator for more information.