Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Upload Expressway C and E certificate

ciscoMFNAO
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

We are facing some issues to renew expired certificates in our Exp-C and Exp-E.

We sucessfully renewed the certificates several times in the past without any issues. Our security team recentely changed the Certificate Issuer role to another host and now the Root CA and Certificate Issuer are diferrent hosts. After this change we are getting the error when we try to upload the new Exp Certificate even after adding the new Root CA Certificate

"Unrecognized CA. This certificate is not currently trusted by the Expressway. This is because the CA certificate is not in the trust store."

We already tried to deleted the old CA certificate and reboot with no success. Windows workstations and servers are accepting certificates after this Certificate Issuer change. 

Can you help? Is that a normal a expected Expresway behaviour because the issuer and CA are diferent hosts? Is there any workaround to solve it? Please check the error, Exp and CA certificates and page print attached. 

Kind Regards,  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is likely the issue your facing.

image.png

This is taken from the document that I shared earlier.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Have you uploaded this Root-CA cert too?

bwinter_0-1707906121939.png

Hi Winter,

Thanks for your replay. I will request this certificate and try again.

Regards,

Do you have both the root and intermediate certificates of the CA uploaded to the trust store on the Expressways?

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your replay. I will request this certificate and try again the upload.

Regards,

Have a look at this document for common issues with certificates in Expressways and how to troubleshoot them. Troubleshoot Expressway Certificates 

Response Signature

This is likely the issue your facing.

image.png

This is taken from the document that I shared earlier.

Response Signature

Hi Roger, 

It worked just fine and the certificate were sucessfuly uploaded. 

Thanks so much for your support.

Kind Regards,