Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 11.5 SU3 to SU11 Switch-Version Issue

jeremiah.cox2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am attempting to upgrade my 11.5 Unity cluster to enable the Oauth2 for the Unified to O365 connection.

I applied the cisco.enable-sha512sume-2021-signing-key-v1.0.cop.sgn to both servers. Rebooted, successfully applied.

I then downloaded and installed USCInstall(UCOS_11.5.1.23900-30.sha512.iso. First the to publisher and reboot. Then to the subscriber and a reboot via SFTP, the GUI, and CLI.

Show cuc version on both servers shows the same version on active and inactive.

jeremiahcox2_0-1675687783457.png

Using the CLI, I performed a Utils system switch-version on the publisher. It completed and rebooted. Verified with the show command that the inactive and active versions had successfully switched on the publisher. Performed the same operation on the Sub, it came back with an error of version mismatch and would not switch version.

Given that the download and install takes roughly 2.5 hours per server and I was already very much past my CC window and rolled back the version on the Publisher. Verified both servers were up and the database was replicating. I did also read that since I performed the switch-version on the pub and then rolled back I have to completely reinstal the update on the publisher instead of just doing another switch-version, is that factual?

Anyone have this issue, any tricks to try before I open a TAC case?

1 Reply 1

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

No, you don't need to install the upgrade again. It is already installed. You just switch the versions again.

But:
The inactive partition with the new version has the DB state from the time of the upgrade.
So, if you now do changes in the system (via admin, or the user via Voicemail options), they will be "lost" when you switch the version again, because the changes (never) are replicated to the inactive partition.
You either do those changes again or you have a "freeze time" (where nobody does changes) until you switch the version.

Or you re-install the upgrade again (if that's even possible, as the version is already in the inactive partition, never tried that).