cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection and cucm failover testing

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I recently completed a cluster upgrade of cucm and had an issue were the unity connection box did not register with the cucm sub when the pub was getting upgraded. This is an SCCP integration and I have verified that the sub is a listed server under port group on the uc server. When I run the telephony integration test it shows success. What is the best way to test this, disconnect the network connection on the pub? If so, what is timing on uc to failover to the subscriber? Any other settings that I need to verify? When the pub came back online I did see a registration failed for the ports and I had to restart the unity Connection conversation manager to correct this.

9 Replies 9

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I think I may have found part of my issue. The device pool that the unity connection voice mail ports belong to only includes the single publisher call manager. I assume that I need to add the call manager group that includes both pub and sub so that the ports can register to the subscriber? Or I could add the subscriber to the device pool that the unity connection voice mail ports belong to, correct?

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

I would advise, to change the Unity integration in CUCM to SIP. SCCP is old stuff ':-)

And yes, you should have both CUCM nodes in the call manager group, which is assigned to the device pool.

For testing such things:

You could stop the callmanager service on one node and see if the voice mail ports register to the other node and furthermore, if you can make calls then.

--- Please rate this post as "Helpful" or accept as a solution, if your question has been answered ---

I put both call mall managers in the group that belongs to the voice mail device pool. I have verified that UC has both servers listed in the port group settings but I still get registration rejected when I shut the network interface down on the pub to test. I must be missing something between UC and the subscriber call manager.

I will check into the docs on SIP integration between UC and CM. I did move my gateways to SIP off of MGCP.

is this a single CUC deployment or HA?

Response Signature

Single CUC with cucm publisher and subscriber.

In Unity:

Have you added both CUCM nodes under "Phone System" --> "Edit" --> "CUCM AXL Servers" and under "Port Group" --> "Edit" --> "Servers"?

Yes, both are defined with the primary being priority 0 and and the subscriber being priority 1.

Are there any logs that I can look at on the cucm or cuc side to see why the ports are rejected when failing over to the cucm subscriber?

Update. Apparently I hit apply and not reset on my call manager group when I added the subscriber cm. After hitting reset on the CM group, all is working as expected on failover now.

Good tip - if port registration is partial/incomplete/broken, resetting it phone system/port group will help take it from the top and let the process start over.