cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Auto Attendant always prompting " Sorry, <Call Handler Name> is not available.

aashwani87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

We have CUCM and CUC (v 11.5) and SCCP integration. We are trying to achieve simple auto attendant where incoming calls to CTI RP (1000) are set up as CFA to voicemail. Calls then hit the unity however we are hearing promt " Sorry, <call handler name> is not available. 

1. Greetings recorded on standard greetings rather than recorded name in handler basic . Verified.

2. Caller hears set to personal greeting. Checked

3. Verified calls are hitting this Call handler by changing after greetings actions.

Please suggest what else is missing and how to resolve this??

2 Replies 2

mangesh084
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You should upload the custom greeting recording to the Recordings section of the Edit Greetings--> Standard greetings.

Regards,

Mangesh.

The fact that CUC is prompting with the unavailability of the call handler suggests that it knows what it's supposed to do, but can't do it for some reason.

My first thought is that the Call Transfer Rule for the call handler may be set to send to an extension rather than to the greeting, so check that out.

My second thought is that either a transfer rule or a greeting is not enabled (checkbox not checked).

My third thought is that it doesn't like the greeting recording itself. When you go into the Media Master toolbar, can you play the greeting successfully? If not, try re-recording it. If you are uploading, make sure that the recording is in the proper format (8Khz, Mono, 16-Bit PCM).

If none of that works, try using the Port Status Monitor  from ciscounitytools.com to trace what is going on with the call.

Let us know what happens and if we can help more.

Maren