cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Call Handler greeting

Otoum
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to configure a hunt group integrate with welcome voice message on unity, the users can hit 234 to reach the hunt group.

first, i've created a translation pattern forward to CTI route point where can forward all to the voice mail

also i,ve created a call handler on unity with the same Ext. and set the new personal recording on standard greeting and after greeting to be forwarded to the user with extension aligned with the hunt pilot.Call_handler, Other Collaboration Applications

for now i only can hear that the new call handler is not available and then forward to the hunt pilot.

any thoughts can help?

234 translation > route point 1490 (to voicemail) > unity handler 1490 > play greeting then > voicemail user 1801 > hunt pilot 1801

6 Replies 6

Callers Hear:-  is it My Personal Recording ?

After Greeting:- is it Attempt Transfer  ?

Something like the below ?

Capture11.PNG

Response Signature

Indeed, it's a personal recording and attempt transfer 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely you did not record a greeting, you recorded a name, that's supposed to be "hi < name > is not available"

Make sure to record the greeting under greetings menu.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

already did

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Otoum,

Please verify below items:

1. Make sure you have configured translation pattern with correct CSS and Called Party Transform Mask.
  2. Use RTMT tool and make some test call. In RTMT you will see calling number, called number, redirected number and which call handler it is going to.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Question: Is the sending of the call to Unity Connection for the purpose of playing the greeting before the hunt? Or do callers have other options on the Unity Connection greeting other than just listening and waiting for the after-greeting-action?

The reason I ask is that if what you are using Unity Connection for is just an announcement prior to the hunt, you might be better off implementing Native Call Queuing instead.

Native Call Queuing allows CUCM to play an announcement for calls to a hunt pilot prior to the hunt itself. Here is information on setting it up:

System Configuration Guide for CUCM 12.5(1) - Chapter: Configure Call Queuing 

Maren