Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Routing to Another Voicemail Box

Collin78076
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to set up what I thought would be a simple task. Basically we have one phone with two lines (5555 and 6666). The calls ring on line one, the forward to line two, then to voicemail. We want the caller to hear the voicemail greeting for line 1. We have the "Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call" already set and do not want to uncheck it. I've tried creating Forwarded Routing Rules but it does not seem to be grabbing the calls. I have the routing rules configured as: Send Call To: User with mailbox 5555, Forwarding Station equals 6666, Calling number equals *, Dialed number equals *, Schedule: all hours, Phone system: Default, Port: Default. Am I going about this wrong or is there a better way to accomplish this? 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

Create a new Voice Mail Profile in Call Manager and make the "Voice Mail Box Mask" the mailbox number you want calls to go (MBX/EXT1 for example).  Assign that Voice Mail Profile in Call Manager to Line 2 as the VM Profile.  Line 1 rings, no answer forward to line 2, line 2 rings, no answer (with the masked profile I described) will go to MBX1 greeting/treatment.

If this solution works for you, I can provide examples if you'd like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

Create a new Voice Mail Profile in Call Manager and make the "Voice Mail Box Mask" the mailbox number you want calls to go (MBX/EXT1 for example).  Assign that Voice Mail Profile in Call Manager to Line 2 as the VM Profile.  Line 1 rings, no answer forward to line 2, line 2 rings, no answer (with the masked profile I described) will go to MBX1 greeting/treatment.

If this solution works for you, I can provide examples if you'd like.

I had a feeling there was something much easier I could do. Thank you!

I struggled with this one too, until someone pointed me in the right direction.

Attached is an example of the config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: