cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to Emergency Responder 12.5

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

We are upgrading Emergency Responder 12.5. The VM was originally installed with 9.1 and it therefore has 2 80 GB HDD. It has since been upgraded to 11.5. The most recent VM template for emergency responder has 1 110 GB HDD. I wondering the best option for this upgrade. Should I increase both hard drives to 110 GB? Will I be able to switch versions if the OVA doesn't match? Or should I install a new VM with the 12.5 OVA but install the same 11.5 version and do a backup and restore, then upgrade to 12.5?

Thanks for any help

Please rate if this helps.
3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have not worked with CER in quite some time, but as the blueprint is the same as CUCM, in CUCM you had to increase the vDisk size on the second disk only.

If you wish to migrate to the single disk deployment, then backup 11.5, deploy 11.5 using the 11.5 OVA, restore and then upgrade to 12.5

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

For CER 11.5 and 12.5, the VM hardware configuration requirements for are same.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-cisco-emergency-responder.html 

In this case, you can go with either 11.5 OVA or 12.5 OVA, install fresh CER 11.5, restore the backup and then upgrade to 12.5.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

The CPU, RAM and disk requirements are the same, but they're not identical

11.5 uses RHEL 6 64 bit and vm version 8

12.5 uses CentOS 7 64 bit and vm version 13

HTH

java

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have not worked with CER in quite some time, but as the blueprint is the same as CUCM, in CUCM you had to increase the vDisk size on the second disk only.

If you wish to migrate to the single disk deployment, then backup 11.5, deploy 11.5 using the 11.5 OVA, restore and then upgrade to 12.5

HTH

java

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

For CER 11.5 and 12.5, the VM hardware configuration requirements for are same.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-cisco-emergency-responder.html 

In this case, you can go with either 11.5 OVA or 12.5 OVA, install fresh CER 11.5, restore the backup and then upgrade to 12.5.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

The CPU, RAM and disk requirements are the same, but they're not identical

11.5 uses RHEL 6 64 bit and vm version 8

12.5 uses CentOS 7 64 bit and vm version 13

HTH

java

I believe changing that, and the VMNIC, are required along the way of upgrading or it will not operate.

CER is fairly painless to rebuild if you have it documented. Since it's a requirement to do so if the machine shuts down unexpectedly it is not a bad thing to have gone through at least once if you have the time.