cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using jabber video for laptop to join in video conference (SX20)

huu hieu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a video conferencing system using 2 SX20 (with license multiway, dual display..). Now I want to used my laptop join in video conference.

My laptop install jabber video (free)

Can I make a call from laptop to video conferencing ?

Thanks you very much,

7 Replies 7

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sure you can. You will need to look at expressway model to ensure scalable firewall traversal and URI dialing capability. There are guides on expressway/VCS on how to set this up. but using that you can have an user using the Jabbervideo.com dial a URI and call your endpoint

Srini Kilambi

UC Solution Architect | CDW

**edited by moderator to remove private contact information

Thanks Srini Kilambi,

In this case, I just have two cisco SX20 (with one has multisite license). I don't use CUCM or VCS.

Have any way for jabber on laptop join in video conference ?

Thanks you very much ,

Is your sx20 registered to the Callway aka WebEx telepresence service then you can dial between the two

Thanks

Srini

Hi Srini

I just have two SX20 quick set and call video conference together. Now I want to use laptop be setup jabber to join in conference.

I don't understand registered to the callway, do i need any license or products ?

Thanks you very much

You need to have some call control or some identifier to reach your SX20. If you have your local VCS or UCM then you can handle this. If not then you can see here to buy an endpoint subscription and register it to the cloud. Then you can dial that unique video address from the pc client. At that point anyone can dial you from anywhere. You also get 9 way group calling feature.

http://www.cisco.com/web/products/webextelepresence/start.html

finally in the near future WebEx will also provide this feature natively but that’s not available for ordering

I suppose you could try IP dialing from the PC but that wouldn’t be recommended or scalable to open all the ports, work with NAT on your firewall and so on. hence having a call control and firewall traversal technologies are recommended which you can either invest on premise or look at cloud

Srini

Hi Srini,

Thanks you very much for your replying

I think best solutions for this case is having CUCM. For Jabber connecting to SX20, do we need CUCM and IM&P server ?

Now I try to install CUCM on third-party server (IBM, HP ...). Please show me hardware requirements: chip CPU, RAM, disk and software requirements: VMWare  to deploy CUCM on third-party server.

Thanks & best regards,

You only need UCM and expressway

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/UC_Virtualization_Supported_Hardware

Srini Kilambi