Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Starter Pack Express - Upgrade

Simon Battye
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

What is the upgrade procedure when migrating from the VCS Starter Pack Express to the full provisioning solution using Cisco VCS-C/E and TMS.

Is their any documentation available which covers this?

Thanks, Simon

4 Replies 4

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes I have seen it in slides, not sure on links. You can use either CTI-VCSC-SPUPG-K9 and upgrade to VCS-C or use CTI-VCSE-SPUPG-K9 and move to VCS-E. the original starter pack call licenses and Movi are not transferable but any call licenses purchased on top are.

So in a nut shell decide what you want to upgrade this to either VCS-C or VCS-E and let’s say you go with VCS-C then you have to buy a VCS-E as normal or vice versa.

Thanks

Srini

Hello Srini, do you know where I can find instructions on upgrading from VCS Starter Pack to VCSC?  Or the slides you are referring to?

Thank you

Nelson

These are the ones I have seen

Thanks

Srini

Hello , there is no Doc for instruction for this upgrade , i have done it this week and here is what you need to do :

1-As you have a starter pack now , you will need to determine if you want it to be VCS-C or E , upon that , you will buy one of the license PAK that Siri pointed you to ,

2-once you received the PAK number you will need to go to Cisco.com/license and then apply the PAK There and get the option Key .

3-on the  VCS Starter Pack Server , delete the Starter Pack option Key and disable the provisining ,

4-This will remove the starter pack options fron your Server and it  act as a VCS-C without license ,

5-Add the new option key you obtained and this will make your Starter Pack Server either VCS-C or E based on your selection on Step 1 .

**based on that you will have either VCS-E or C .

6- As you decied to get a full package of VCS-C/E and TMS Then you should at that point bought and installed VCS-C or E and TMS and then you will need to configre the system as a whole .

Notes : the users config on VCS Starter pack will not be preseverd , The Settings of Users will need to be re-confgured on the TMS .

Thanks

Ash

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: