cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Mapi Component login prompt

dcklein01
Level 1
Level 1

Our users are randomly getting a popup for the Webex Mapi Component. It will only accept their username in the form of username@domain.local and no other. I know that Jabber is causing the popup since it's the only program starting. And if I close Jabber, the popup goes away. The issue occurs randomly for different users at different times, usually when Jabber starts though. How can we get rid of this login prompt?

All our users are running Windows 7 or 10 with Jabber 11.6 or newer.

19 Replies 19

The only fix that I have found is to:

Close Outlook:

Go to the control panel, mail, and remove the Outlook profile, and restart Outlook and set up the email account again.

NOTE: Any attached email accounts or mailboxes will need to be added again, and Exchange accounts will need to be re-cached again, which can take time.

I have run into this frequently after a move from on-prem to Office 365.

Thank you for the reply.

We had a similar scenario. Moved our Mailboxes from Exchange 2010 to 2013.

Hope that we will see a fix soon.

That solved my issue. Thanks for posting!

I've attached a screenshot. Jabber and Outlook were installed by admin rights. We see this issue during login to the computer.

EDIT: We see this issue when Jabber starts. If a user is having the issue, and we turn off Jabber starting on startup, the issue only starts when Jabber is started.

ScottMifsud3315
Level 1
Level 1

Try changing the password to something else with less/different special characters. 

I had a user who changed their password to contain spaces when this issue presented itself. 

I gather that Jabber has some odd password requirements which other applications aren't bothered by.