cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Productivity Tools First time login with SSO

jstewart1
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning a roll out of WebEx with Productivity Tools on the desktop to about 1700 users.  We have setup and have working SSO with ADFS.  Everything works great with one exception... the first time a user logs onto a computer with the WebEx Productivity Tools installed, they must manually open the Account Settings and click on Apply or Refresh to trigger the web serer connection/SSO.

We need to avoid this by triggering the SSO on first use somehow.

Aside from having users manually connect, what are organizations doing to get the connection established?  We really cannot prompt or have users go into the account settings to trigger this login... it needs to be automatic.

Thoughts?

Jimmy

6 Replies 6

Curtis Cai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, Jimmy:

Thanks for bringing up this issue for PT, we are doing login flow enhancement right now, and your question is quite valid and in the scope. I assume this roll out is mass deployment by IT, isn't it? Our planning enhancement is like this, if IT push siteurl(SSO site) during mass deployment, once user wants to add webex meeting, account tab will be poped up and siteurl will be prefilled, as long as user clicks ok or move the focus out of siteurl field, PT will check site type and pop up SSO IDP login window automatically. And moving forward, we are going to do one more enhancement without asking user to click "ok" or move mouse focus. Let me know if this is helpful.

-Curtis

Curtis,

Yes, we are doing a mass deployment of the productivity tools via Microsoft SCCM.  The deployment is fine, we are populating the siteURL during the deployment. The first login issue has put our project on hold until we can find a work around. 

Is there an ETA on when this new feature would be available?

Are there any hooks into the PT that would allow us to fire the SSO login using code?

Jimmy

I can't discuss release timing in this public community.  We can continue the conversation in the private Customer Connection Program forum, though.  I invite you to join here : http://www.cisco.com/go/ccp and we can discuss further in those forums.

Thanks for the invite. I’ve signed up and completed my profile.

Has there been any further discussion in the CCP forums on this? I can't find anything there.

My company is having the same issue, we need a workaround for the first time login as well.

Ari,

Since you are a CCP member, I recommend you start a discussion in the CCP community about this issue so Cisco product experts can address the matter privately since it is regarding timing and road map details.

Private - Customer Connection Program

Thank you for participating in the community.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities