cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Serviceability Node (ECP)

bspalmer1
Level 1
Level 1

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cloudCollaboration/spark/hybridservices/serviceability/cmgt_b_deployment-guide-spark-hybrid-service-connector/cmgt_b_deployment-guide-spark-hybrid-service-connector_chapter_01.html

Has anybody gotten this to fully connect?  For some reason I am getting a DNS resolution problem on the internal Docker IP.  

All of the cloud connectivity checks are working but this one item is causing hte Cloud Resolutions to fail.  What was weird is once I got through the Proxy the resolutions failed and the connectivity tests succeeded.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The solution was to run a packet capture within the application for Cisco.  Once that was ran all of a sudden everything connected and stayed up.  Bizzare.  The troubleshooting function to analyze a call is now functional.

One thing I do think the guide doesn't really explain in any detail is the value of each product you integrate.  Expressways and Cube for example.  Do they just add more to the ladder diagram and diagnostic analysis when integrated as an example.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Looks like you possibly might be using the same network internally as on the Docker container. Could you please share a screenshot of your network configuration on the ECP node?

Response Signature

Docker is just the default configuration.  The ECP node is a different configuration as it requires all of that entry upon deployment of the VM.

Sure enough I know that, I have deployed ECP. But IMHO that is not really an answer to my question. Would you mind to please share the information that was asked for?

Response Signature

I don't feel comfortable posting up internal network information on a public forum.  This was more an attempt at trying to resolve a problem faster than I was getting a response from Cisco.

I do have a TAC case open that doesn't seem to be going anywhere as there is no specific area that the ECP or the Serviceability node is called out in and the Cloud UC guy doesn't seem to understand the entire product portfolio within Webex.  Will likely just escalate with our Account Rep and see if we can get the case re-directed to somebody more knowledgeable.

I do appreciate the attempt at reaching out to help.  Thanks.

Fair enough, it’s entirely your prerogative to select what you share. Just make sure that none of the information used on the network settings tab is overlapping with the advanced network tab information, more precisely the network information set for the Docker container network.

What specifically caught my attention in your shared screenshot is this part.
image.png

Are you using 172.17.42.1 as the DNS server?

As an example this is a screenshot of the pertaining part from our ECP.
image.png

If you are using that specific network information internally you'll need to AFAIK change the network used for the Docker container network and you'll do that from the Advanced tab on the Network configuration.

Response Signature

We have our own internal DNS servers which aren't on the same network.  

It seems to only be with cloud resolution check 4 which is index.docker.io

The only difference I see in the details of the checks is that on #4 it is listing that 172 dns server first instead of the DNS servers on our local network.  It does show IP address resolving in the details.  That is really the only thing I have noticed.

The solution was to run a packet capture within the application for Cisco.  Once that was ran all of a sudden everything connected and stayed up.  Bizzare.  The troubleshooting function to analyze a call is now functional.

One thing I do think the guide doesn't really explain in any detail is the value of each product you integrate.  Expressways and Cube for example.  Do they just add more to the ladder diagram and diagnostic analysis when integrated as an example.

The more of your system landscape that you integrate the more complete picture you'll get if the call would traverse over these components.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: