cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Your Office configuration is corrupt. Reinstall Cisco Jabber to restore Office Integration - Error code: CJ:1000:101

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I've just installed the offically release of J4W 9.2 build 496 on a few clients. When the Jabber clients starts, we are seeing a error message in the yellow triangle.

"Your Office configuration is corrupt. Reinstall Cisco Jabber to restore Office Integration" Error code: CJ:1000:101

However, the integration is still working, but its annoying for the users. Its seem only affects users without admin privileges.

Any fix for this? Reinstall of Jabber or a restart of the computer dosen't fix it.

Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit.

Office 2010 32 bit.

PRT file is attached.

Best regards

K.

64 Replies 64

leslie-meade
Level 1
Level 1

By chance are your users IM only ?

I have this issue with IM and Jabber users, but if I reboot the Jabber users machines the error will change to Jabber has repaired, and it will not show again...

IM users will get this error all the time

Hi Leslie

No my Jabber clients are using IM and Phone functionality.

Here is a copy of our config file:

EDI

OU=xxxxx,DC=xxxxx,dc=xxxxx,DC=com

otherHomePhone

otherHomePhone

true

sAMAccountName

http://www.xxxxxxx.com/~/media/sAMAccountName.jpg

+XXXXXX|+## #### ####|+XXXXXX|+## #### ####

audio

true

true

false

.exe;.msi;.rar;.zip;.mp3

false

presence

phone

It doesn''t help and reboot the computer. No problems in 9.1.X and in 9.2 beta.

Any fix?

Hi Kristian,

This is currently under investigation from TAC so bear with us. I will update when I have more on it.

Thanks,
Christos

7 years later.....

Still an issue. 

David28
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

any update on this from TAC?

My customer is facing the same problem.

regards, Dave

Not yet but I will update you guys once we find out the details.

Regards,

Christos

Hi all,

I have done some tests in the lab. I managed to reproduce, fix it and then break it again so I am confident that we can clear this error.

From the logs I see the error is due to this

2013-04-16 12:09:09,437 ERROR [0x00001250]     [xplugin\Click2XLifecycleManager.cpp(380)] [plugin-runtime]     [OpenRegistryKey] - Failed to open     Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\PersonaMenu in     80000001 use64Bit: 0

2013-04-16 12:09:09,437 ERROR [0x00001250]     [xplugin\Click2XLifecycleManager.cpp(351)] [plugin-runtime]     [CreateRegistryKey] - Failed to create     Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\PersonaMenu in     80000001 use64Bit: 0

In the affected PC's this registry path doesn't exist or it doesn't have the correct values.

So what you can do is this

-- On a PC where you don't get this error go to  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\PersonaMenu

-- Export the folder (PersonaMenu) to a file

-- On the affected PC's take a backup of the registry (always recommended as a precaution)

-- Import the reg file to the registry

This is the workaround I have found. The defect that tracks this issue is CSCug43138

Let me know if that works or not

HTH,

Christos

We also have this issue after a Group Policy based, ORCA packaged rollout, upgrading from 9.1.3. I'll try to take some time today or tomorrow to try the registry key workaround.

Edit; we are also all x86 installs for Office and Windows 7 Enterprise.

I was getting this error on a non-domain machine connecting to CUPS via VPN.  I was able to resolve it by shutting down Jabber and restarting it as a local system admin.  After shutting it down again, launches as non-admin no longer produce the error.

Paul, the reason this appeared to work is answered by the fact that the PC you mentioned is not a member of a domain so it doesn't get restrictive Domain GPO's applied at login.

1. When Jabber authenticates for the first time it queries the Current User hive of the registry for the office 12.0 and 14.0 registry keys so that it can configure Calendar integration with Outlook. If the keys are not there it then attempts to create the keys and if it has the rights this is successful. However poor error checking in the application means the error is displayed before the keys get created, despite the fact that, in your case, the account had the rights to create the registry keys. When you opened Jabber the second time and authenticated it again queried the user hive of the registry, saw the keys and then successfully integrated that Calendar feature for that logged on user without errors.

2. Your PC is not a member of a domain so unless the account being used has had specific Local Policies defined by a system administrator then the only polciy being applied is local account polciy. If you are using the Administrator account or another account created with Administrator or Power User rights then these accounts will be able to create anything required in the current user registry hive.

The reason everyone else cannot get rid of the errors is due to Domain Policy blocking access to the Policies key in the registry as GPO is intended to do. There are workarounds, as I've explained, but ultimately the vendor should have addressed the issue prior to this release, especially given they suggested GP as a method of deployment.

If I understood that correctly -

The application is running as my local user account (on a non-domain machine it's a local user account with admin rights to the machine), but when I authenticate the app to CUPS with domain credentials, the app is trying to write to the registry as the domain user account I auth with rather than the user account acutally running the application?  That doesn't seem like a sane design choice to me while trying to play nice with Windows security.  Wouldn't it make more sense to write to the registry as the app's running users (defautl system behavior), rather than trying to write it as a user-supplied account?

I'm a bit confused on this as, after I initially replied, the issue has actually started back up again on the same non-domain machine.

Is the fix tee'd up in 9.2.2 going to address this type of flow with a non-domain machine authenticating to CUPS with domain creds?

Scott_A_A
Level 1
Level 1

I would think that an ADM/ADMx provided by Cisco would resolve this issue given the application is trying to write to the Policies key in the user's registry hive. Especially when one of the suggestions is to deploy via Group Policy!

In a domain environment this area is locked by default via global policy. The reason you are getting the error is becasuse Jabber is trying to create a D_WORD value called TagContact under HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\PersonaMenu and can't becasuse by default the user doesn't have rights to this part of their registry hive. Hence the error.

For a test just create the required keys in the user hive. (MAKE SURE JABBER IS LOGGED OFF AND CLOSED)

Option 1. Create a D_WORD value called TagContact with a value of '0' under HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\PersonaMenu. Open Jabber and log in to confirm the error is gone.

Option 2. Alternatively you can create a key called 14.0 under HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office and then modify the permissions on the 14.0 key to give the user full rights. You will also need to go into the 'Advanced Settings' tab and tick the box to 'Replace all child objects with inherritable permissions from this object'. Open Jabber again and then log in. The message should have dissappeared by now. If not, check the permissions on the 14.0 folder under Office and try again.

If Cisco are reccommending Group Policy as a method of deployment then they should have provided an ADM/ADMX so this can be set via domain policy. Simply providing end users with a reg key as a work around is pretty unprofessiuonal.

Can you guys please provide an ADM/ADMx for global deployments please?

leslie-meade
Level 1
Level 1

So i has also exported the keys from a worknig version and imported to a non working one and its still not working.

Althou I am not the windows admin team here..

I will get them to have a look at the above comment and take it from there

Leslie, if you imported the key from another user it is in all liklihood be because you still cannot write to the registry. The workaround from Cisco is to import the following data into your registry.

As a test copy all the text in italics below and paste it into notepad. Save the file as Jabber.reg. Double click on the Jabber.reg file (You can right click on the file and seelect Merge). Click OK on any message to allow the merge to continue. You need to exit out of Jabber before doing this. If you get an error when merging this data then you won't have sufficient rights to the registry hive. Can you let me know the results.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\PersonaMenu]
"TagContact"=dword:00000000
"EnablePresence"="2"
"SetOnlineStatusLevel"="2"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\IM]
"EnablePresence"="2"
"SetOnlineStatusLevel"="2"