Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Agent007
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to UCCX and was just asked to change the queue. Need help designing the new queue.

Existing queue:

Has 6 agents and all part of the same group.

New queue requirements:

- Split them into two groups (Group 1 and Group 2)

- Put IVR in the script. Press 1 for Group 1 and Press 2 for Group 2 (I have already done this part)

- Agents will be on rotation on weekly basis. For example Agent 1 and Agent 4 are part of Group 1 this week but will switch to Group 2 the next week.

- If an agent is part of one Group, they are not supposed to take calls from the other group.

My ghetto solution is to assign them two IPCC extensions (One for Group 1 and the other for Group 2) so when they log in using group 1 extension they will take calls for that group only. I am not sure if we can assign two IPCC extensions to one agent but I have a feeling there's better and simple solution for this.

Any help is much appreciated. We are using UCCX 11.0.

2 Comments
sysjes
Level 1
Level 1

An Agent can only have one IPCC Extension.  An IPCC Extension can only exist on one device or device profile.  More than one agent can be assigned to the same IPCC Extension.

Create one team, two skills, two CSQs and assign them to the respective agents.

TEAM_GROUP1_GROUP2

Group1_Agent > Group1_Skill (5) > Group1_CSQ (5)
Group2_Agent > Group2_Skill (5) > Group2_CSQ (5)

Press 1 for Group1_CSQ

Press 2 for Group2_CSQ

The supervisor of the team or an administrator will move the agents from group1 to group2 and vice versa.

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I think the simplest way to do this would be to use skill ratings.

On each of your CSQ's set the minimum competence level to 3.

Each agent would have skills in both CSQ's and the Supervisor would simply need to increase the first skill above 3 and decrease the second skill below 3 on a weekly basis.

For six agents this would only take five minutes to complete.

You could also look at automating this using the UCCX API. The blog post at the link below talks about doing this.

https://samiamsamdotcom.wordpress.com/2015/01/04/uccx-api-dynamically-changing-an-agents-skill/ 

If I had to code this I would choose Python but would follow similar processes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: