Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ronlewis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Shared Multiparty (SMP) Licensing offered with TelePresence endpoints supports Multiparty conferencing using TelePresence infrastructure components on customers premises. The customer acknowledges by purchasing SMP license that they have already or plan to deploy the necessary hardware to support Multiparty Conferencing.

Each SMP license allows for one concurrent meeting with unlimited participants, deployed using Cisco Meeting Server or Cisco Telepresence Server. The SMP license also includes 1 Expressway Rich Media Sessions (RMS), and the CUCM/Expressway TP Room License. A single RMS licenses now only needed on Expressway-E with version X8.8 and higher.

For Multiparty conferencing using the SMP License requires one of these options deployed;

• Cisco Meeting Server(s) with an activation key (R-CMS-K9, included with CMS1000 bundle)
  • Cisco TelePresence Server without screen licenses, Cisco Telepresence Conductor, and Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS) with Provisioning Engine (TMS-PE).

New customers without CUWL Pro or Meetings, should look at the SMP Starter Kit to get initial package licenses.

Existing customers can just add additional SMP License to their Meeting Server or Conductor.

For deployment details, see here http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/conferencing/collaboration-meeting-rooms-premises/model.html

More information on SMP along with Personal Multiparty for CUWL-Pro customers, see this at a glance.

Ordering guide with CCO login at http://cisco.com/go/meetingserver

(This note is for CCW users ordering SMP needing more information)

Comments
skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Darren

See this link table 3

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/collaboration/collaboration-meeting-rooms-hybrid/guide-c07-735916.pdf

For tms you can get 25 additional licenses for every PMP add on order. On SMP starter pack you get 35 but nothing with follow on licensing

For XE with PMP you get 25 per 250 PRO but nothing on follow on

With SMP stater pack you get 25 and that's it

Of course you will go with PMP or starter pack and not both

If you need more then add under tms top level sku as needed

Table 15

The 50K list may make sense only when you have a large number of endpoints and adding CUWL pro becomes more expensive

Thanks

Srini

Adam Klimko
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a migration SKU for CUWL standard to SMP with endpoint licenses?  Is there a migration path for DLUs to telepresence room licenses for customers migrating from CUCM <9.0 to 10.5 or higher?

I am trying to figure out the best way to migrate a customer from 8.6 to 10.5 and license their current telepresence endpoints without needing to buy individual telepresence room licenses.  They are in a position to upgrade licensing to pro or migrate spare DLUs to telepresence.  Any suggestions you could offer on the most efficient way to do this would be appreciated.

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is migration program to move CUWL STD to Pro which means PMP

There is no such migration to SMP from CUWL

So if PMP works for you that would be the best option to look at

I am confused a bit because if you have them registered today then you will get room licenses if they are under support.

However under 8.6 and earlier there was very limited support for room based endpoints to begin with

Thanks

Srini

Adam Klimko
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the response - there was a typo in my question, I intended to ask if there was a migration SKU for CUWL to SMP with endpoint licenses.  There is another reply in this thread that indicates the would be the option to upgrade CUWL standard to Pro, with discounted endpoint licenses.

My customer is currently registering all their endpoints to CUCM 8.6 without endpoint licenses needed.  They would like to upgrade to 10.5 but they need new endpoint licensing to do this.  I understand that there is no enforcement for telepresence room licenses in PLM, which would give them time to get this squared away, but I need a path to all existing endpoints being licensed at the lowest possible cost. 

**There is not limited support for room-based endpoints in CUCM 8.6:**

From Cisco TelePresence Endpoints and Cisco Unified Communications Manager:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc7/administration-guide/administering-en…

Endpoints supported in TC7.2 TelePresence endpoints supported in TC7.2: • SX Series (SX10, SX20, SX80) • MX Series (MX200, MX300, MX200 G2, MX300 G2, MX700, MX800) • EX Series (EX90, EX60) • Quick Set C20 and Codec C Series (C90, C60, C40) • Profiles using Codec C Series CUCM versions vs endpoints supported All

TelePresence endpoints that are supported in TC7.2 are also supported in CUCM 8.6.2, 9.1.2 and 10.5.1. Use the latest device package to be sure all endpoints are covered. NOTE: Endpoint registration to CUCM via VCS Expressway (Cisco Unified Communications Mobile and Remote Access) requires CUCM verson 9.1.2 SU1 or later. You can find an overview of which device packages are available for which CUCM version and endpoint in the CUCM device pack compatibility matrix on our web site. Go to:

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No program to SMP

There is a program to move screen licensed on telepresence server 5300, 3xx series or 8710 to SMP

On CUWL side if you have pro you get PMP which doesn't include room licensing as you know

Have you opened a case with licensing? Provided contracts and the Lcu report and seen if they support giving room licensing for existing customer?

Thanks

Srini

checker0011
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

In order

SKU: LIC-VMCNDTR-PMP-PK : (PAK for virtual Conductor)

PAK have LIC-TP-SMP but not have license TS Server, What to do?

Thanks

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you talking about the v TS server license? If so you need to place a zero dollar order under R-VTS-K9 and select the right zero dollar license

Cisco pays royalties on this and hence doesn't auto include it with PMP SMP licensing

Thanks

Srini

contrerasr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I think there's a use case that hasn't been discussed in the thread. What if a customer is buying 3 SX10 and 1 SX20 and plans to use the internal bridge on the SX20 to host only ad-hoc meetings, therefore no need for a conductor or tms, How would you license it? do you still need SMP license? My gut tells me you don't but I'm trying to add just the TP-endpoint license and I receive an error message saying

"A selection from LIC-TP-ROOM-9.X,LIC-TP-ROOM-10.X or LIC-TP-ROOM-11.X is not allowed without LIC-TP-SMP-EP. Please adjust the selections."

Please advise.

Taranjit Singh Dhaliwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 0$ TP room offer is bundled with the discounted SMP offer when selected within the TP endpoint SKU.

For non TP server deployments, use R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9 and select TP room quantity as required.

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are using multi site license in the unit then you don't need SMP

You need to buy it under l-Sx-series-pak

Then buy the tp room license under r-ucl

You only get room license free if you buy SMP license with it which you don't need here

Thanks

Srini

pbond
Community Member

Hi I have read posts to-date and still am not sure

Green-fields installation

BE6K

CUCM UCL Enhanced licensing

Full SWSS on all relevant items

2x vTS

several MX700 each with LIC-TP-SMP-EP/LIC-TP-ROOM-11.X

R-CBE6K-K9 with LIC-EXP-MSFT and LIC-EXP-RMS

conductor is required

don't require TMS

looking at CCW and provided line items under each Primary SKU

I am inclined to think that I don't require TP-SMP-K9/LIC-SMP-STARTERKIT - is this correct?

but I suspect that starter kit may be required if I want to cluster conductor?

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

peter

you can do either CUWL pro or SMP starter kit to get conductor and clustering. It's not just clustering since while you can get free conductor without license support is through forums and of course lesser sessions

YYou also get MSFT interop license through that so may not need it under be6k license and the same with rms since you get some ratio with SMP license (2 per endpoint) so unless that's not enough you may not need to add it under be6k lixense

ccheck if pro or starter kit is better depends on scenario. For example pro 35 user bundle on be6k maybe better than starter kit and give you access to Conductor etc

Manwë Sulimo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

i tried to understand new licensing concepts about SMP and PMP

We are going to deploy video conferencing with ad-hoc AND rendezvous capabilities +CMR option

also we have 20 DX-70 and 4 MX-800

and here is licensees we are going to order:

TP-SMP-K9    , QTY=1

CUWL-11X-K9,   QTY=1

R-VMCNDTR-K9, QTY=2  (included in TP-SMP-K9)

CTI-410V-VTS-K9, QTY=2

CTI-TMS-SW-K9, QTY=2, (included in TP-SMP-K9)

CUCM,  QTY=2 (cluster)

my question is :

1.Are we need "LIC-TP-SMP-EP" for MX-800 ?

2.do we need anything else?

Really thanks for your time

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The DX70 are they personal endpoints? If so then better to use CUWL PRO PMP vs SMP. It's a lower cost than SMP starter kit and if the customer has CUWL STD then there are some good promotions to move to PRO.

So if those DX70 do adhoc if the User id is assigned in UCM to the endpoint, it will take a PMP license but you will need 20 PRO then if any of those can start an adhoc

SMP will be used for rendezvous assuming they aren't dialing their personal CMR URI. You can just start with 1 or two depending on how many concurrent meetings will happen at the same time, it is not per MX800

To register the endpoint you need a room license on UCM which is zero dollars  if purchased with SMP on the endpoint

Peter Fiers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Srini,

my question is: When I have CMR Premises and want to make a B2B conference from my video endpoint with two partners at the same time (three participants in the conference), do I need 4 RMS licenses? If so, how can I buy the additional 2 ones if 2 came with the SMP license I bought for my video endpoint?

Thanks

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: